MSO 002 Research Methodologies and Methods Solved Assignment 2023-24: MSO 002 Solved Assignment 2023-24 , MSO 002 Assignment 2022 , FREE MSO 002 Assignment , IGNOU Assignments 2023-24- Gandhi National Open University had recently uploaded the assignments of this session for MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMME IN Sociology (MSO) for the year 2023-24. Students are recommended to download their Assignments from this webpage itself. MSO 002 Solved Assignment 2023-24 They don’t need to go anywhere else when everything regarding the Assignments are available during this text only.
MSO 002 Research Methodologies and Methods Solved Assignment 2023-24
|University||IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University)|
|Course||MA (M.A in Sociology) (MSO)|
|Title||Research Methodologies and Methods|
|Session||July 2023-January 2024|
MSO 002 Solved Assignment 2023-24 : for college kids – MSO 002 Research Methodologies and Methods Solved Assignment 2023-24, Students are advised that after successfully downloading their Assignments, you’ll find each and every course assignments of your downloaded. Candidates got to create separate assignment for the IGNOU Master Course, so as that it’s easy for Evaluators to ascertain your assignments.
Answer any two of the following questions
1. Discuss the merits and limitation of field research.
Field research is a method of data collection and analysis where researchers directly observe and interact with subjects in their natural environment, typically to gather information, insights, and understanding about a specific phenomenon. While field research offers several merits, it also comes with certain limitations. Let’s explore both aspects:
Merits of Field Research:
- Authenticity and Ecological Validity: Field research allows researchers to study subjects in their real-life context, preserving the authenticity of behavior and experiences. This ecological validity enhances the generalizability of findings to real-world situations, making the results more applicable to practical scenarios.
- Rich and In-Depth Data: Field research often generates rich and detailed data due to the close proximity of researchers to subjects. This depth of information can lead to a nuanced understanding of complex phenomena and provide insights that might be missed in controlled laboratory settings.
- Contextual Insights: Being immersed in the field provides researchers with the opportunity to gain insights into the broader social, cultural, and environmental factors that influence the subject of study. This contextual information is valuable for interpreting and understanding observed behaviors and patterns.
- Flexibility: Field research methods are adaptable and can be adjusted in response to unexpected events or emerging research questions. Researchers can explore unanticipated aspects of the phenomenon under study, potentially leading to new and valuable findings.
- Participant Rapport: Researchers engaging with subjects in their natural environment often build strong rapport, leading to a deeper understanding of their perspectives, motivations, and experiences. This rapport can facilitate open and honest communication, leading to more accurate data collection.
Limitations of Field Research:
- Subjectivity and Bias: Researchers’ presence in the field can introduce subjectivity and bias into data collection and analysis. Personal interpretations and expectations may influence how data is collected, recorded, and interpreted.
- Lack of Control: Field research environments are often dynamic and uncontrollable, which can make it challenging to isolate specific variables and establish causal relationships. This lack of control might limit the ability to draw definitive conclusions.
- Ethical Challenges: Ethical dilemmas can arise when researchers observe sensitive or personal situations without intruding on subjects’ privacy or exploiting vulnerable populations. Striking the right balance between research objectives and ethical considerations can be complex.
- Time and Resource Intensive: Field research can be time-consuming and resource-intensive. Researchers need to invest significant time and effort in planning, travel, logistics, and data collection, which may not always be feasible or cost-effective.
- Limited Replication: Due to the unique and often uncontrolled nature of field settings, replicating the study in the same way can be difficult. This can limit the ability to verify findings through replication, which is a cornerstone of scientific rigor.
- Sampling Challenges: Selecting a representative sample from a diverse field population can be challenging, potentially affecting the generalizability of findings beyond the specific study context.
In conclusion, field research offers the advantage of capturing real-life phenomena in their natural context and providing in-depth insights. However, it also involves potential biases, lack of control, and ethical considerations. Researchers must carefully consider the merits and limitations of field research when choosing this method and take appropriate steps to mitigate its drawbacks to ensure the validity and reliability of their findings.
2. What do you understand by participatory research? Explain with the help of suitable
3. Critically examine the relevance of quantitative methods of date analysis in socio logical
4. Explain case study as a method of social research.
5. Discuss the role of ethics in sociological research.
Write a research report on any one of the following topics in about 3000 words.
1. Education and social mobility in India.
2. Indian youth and the social media.
3. Street vendors and Indian society.
You can write this report based either on review of literature, or data collected from the primary sources.
For review of literature you are to select either two books or four research articles published recently on the selected topic of your choice. Write a review article focusing on the location of the study, methodology followed and the main findings of these studies.
For the primary source you are to collect two case studies and write a report on the selected topic in a comparative framework. While writing the report spell out clearly the objectives and the problems of the study and
problematise the issue within the existing/available literature,
elaborate your observations, finding and conclusion coherently, and
make proper referencing at the end
IGNOU Assignment Status 2023-24
MSO 002 Research Methodologies and Methods Solved Assignment 2023-24: Those students who had successfully submitted their Assignments to their allocated study centres can now check their Assignment Status. Alongside assignment status, they will also checkout their assignment marks & result. All this is often available in a web mode. After submitting the assignment, you’ll check you IGNOU Assignment Status only after 3-4 weeks. it’d take 40 days to declare.
Those students who had successfully submitted their Assignments to their allocated study centres can now check their Assignment Status. Along with assignment status, they can also checkout their assignment marks & result. MSO 002 Solved Assignment 2023-24 All this is available in an online mode. After submitting the assignment, you can check you IGNOU Assignment Status only after 3-4 weeks. It might take 40 days to declare.
For PDF and Handwritten