MEG 10 Solved Assignment 2020-2021 – ENGLISH STUDIES IN INDIA You are required to do one assignment for the elective English course entitled English Studies in India (MEG – 10) of the Master’s Degree in English Programme. This is a Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA) and carries 100 marks. This assignment covers the entire course of MEG -10 from Blocks (1 – 8).
This TMA is concerned mainly with assessing your application and understanding of the course material. You are not required to reproduce chunks of information from the course material but to use the skills of critical appreciation that you may have acquired during the course of study. This assignment aims to teach as well as to assess your performance.
Please ensure that you read all the texts prescribed in the course. Let me repeat: you must read all the
novels, poems and essays/ articles referred to. Do make points as you go along. If there is anything you do not understand, please ask your Counsellor at the Study Centre for clarification. Once you are able to do the assignment satisfactorily, you will be ready to take the exam with confidence.
MEG 10 ENGLISH STUDIES IN INDIA
Solved Assignment 2020 – 2021
Answer all questions.
- Macaulay’s Minute on Indian Education is one of the most significant documents in the history of Indian education. Discuss. 20
- Why do you think Michael Madhusudan Dutt abandoned a career of writing in English and begin writing in Bengali? What role do you think does the choice of language play in writing, particularly when one of the available languages enjoys higher social power? 20
- Would you agree that Bankim’s Rajmohan’s Wife has a number of melodramatic features? Give reasons for your answer. 20
- Bring out the link between language teaching and the study of literary texts. 20
- What do you understand by the term ‘decolonisation of the mind’? 20
MEG 10 Solved Assignment 2020-2021