MEG 07 Solved Assignment 2020-21 – INDIAN ENGLISH LITERATURE You are required to do one assignment for the elective English course entitled Indian English Literature (MEG-07) of the Master’s Degree in English Programme. This is a Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA) and carries 100 marks. This assignment covers the entire MEG-07 course from Blocks 1 to 8.
MEG 07 INDIAN ENGLISH LITERATURE
Solved Assignment 2020-21
Max. Marks: 100
Attempt all questions.
All questions carry equal marks
- Write short note on: 4 x 5 =20
- a) Forms and varieties of prose.
- b) Importance of Hind Swaraj.
- c) Nehru’s prose style in his Autobiography.
- d) Gandhi’s thought and its impact on Kanthapura.
- e) Role of Bakul
- Discuss the structure of Midnight children.. 20
- Critically examine the ending of Mulk Raj Anand’s novel Untouchable. 20
- Compare and analyse the two poems, ‘The Old Woman’ and Indian Dancers’. 20
- How does Mahesh Dattani treat the issue of Gender in Tara ? Discuss. 20
GUIDELINES FOR TMAs
MEG 07 INDIAN ENGLISH LITERATURE You will find it useful to keep the following points in mind:
1. Planning: Read the questions carefully. Go through the units on which they are based. Make some points regarding each question and then rearrange these in a logical order. MEG 06 AMERICAN LITERATURE And please write the answers in your own words. Do not reproduce passages from the units.
2. Organisation: Be a little more selective and analytic before drawing up a rough outline of your answer. In an essay-type question, give adequate attention to your introduction and conclusion. The introduction must offer your brief interpretation of the question and how your propose to develop it. The conclusion must summarise your response to the question. In the course of your answer, you may like to make references to other texts or critics as this will add
some depth to your analysis.
Make sure that your answer:
(a) is logical and coherent;
(b) as clear connections between sentences and paragraphs;
(c) is written correctly giving adequate consideration to your expression, style and
(d) does not exceed the number of words indicated in your question.
3. Presentation: Once you are satisfied with your answers, you can write down the final version for submission, writing each answer neatly and underlining the points you wish to emphasize. You may be aware that you need to submit your assignments before you can appear for the Term End Exams. Please remember to keep a copy of your completed assignment, just in case the one you submitted is lost in transit.
Good luck with your work!
MEG 07 Solved Assignment