MEG 05 Solved Assignment
MEG 05 Literary Criticism and Theory
Solved Assignment 2020 – 2021
Max. Marks: 100
Answer all questions
Q.1 What do you think Aristotle meant when he said, ‘pleasure proper to tragedy’? Explain with reference to the essays in your course. 20
Q.2 Write short notes on the following: 8 x 5 = 4 0
a) Rasa and Dhvani
c) ‘The ‘Other’
e) New Historicism
Q.3 Examine the nature of the revolution in women’s education proposed by Mary Wollstonecraft? 20
Q.4 Bring out the main ideas in Roland Barthes’ essay ‘The Death of the Author’. 20
Q.5 Outline the sign theory of Language as propounded by Saussure highlighting its specific features. 20
MEG 05 Literary Criticism and Theory Instructions: Before attempting the assignment, please read the following instructions carefully.
1. Read the detailed instructions about the assignment given in the Handbook and Programme Guide MEG 05 Literary Criticism and Theory.
2. Write your enrolment number, name, full address and date on the top right corner of the first page of your response sheet(s).
3. Write the course title, assignment number and the name of the study centre you are attached to in the centre of the first page of your response sheet(s).
4. Use only foolscap size paper for your response and tag all the pages carefully
5. Write the relevant question number with each answer.
6. You should write in your own handwriting.
7. Submission: The completed assignment should be sent to the Coordinator of the Study Centre allotted to you by 31st March 2021 (if enrolled in the July 2020 Session) and 30th Sept, 2021(if enrolled in the January 2021 session).
8. Please read the instructions given in your Programme Guide.
GUIDELINES FOR TMAs
You will find it useful to keep the following points in mind:
1. Planning: Read the questions carefully. Go through the units on which they are based. Make some points regarding each question and then rearrange these in a logical order. And please write the answers in your own words. Do not reproduce passages from the units MEG 05 Literary Criticism and Theory.
2. Organisation: MEG 05 Literary Criticism and Theory Be a little more selective and analytic before drawing up a rough outline of your answer. In an essay-type question, give adequate attention to your introduction and conclusion. The introduction must offer your brief interpretation of the question and how you propose to develop it. The conclusion must summarise your response to the question. In the course of your answer, you may like to make references to other texts or critics as this will add some depth to your analysis. Make sure that your answer: MEG 05 Literary Criticism and Theory (a) is logical and coherent; (b) has clear connections between sentences and paragraphs; (c) is written correctly giving adequate consideration to your expression, style and presentation; (e) does not exceed the number of words indicated in your question.
3. Presentation: Once you are satisfied with your answers, you can write down the final version for submission, writing each answer neatly and underlining the points you wish to emphasize.
MEG 05 Solved Assignment Reference