MPCE 021 COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGY Solved Assignment 2023-24: MPCE 021 Solved Assignment 2023-24 , MPCE 021 Assignment 2022 , FREE MPCE 021 Assignment , IGNOU Assignments 2023-24- Gandhi National Open University had recently uploaded the assignments of this session for MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMME IN PSYCHOLOGY (MAPC) for the year 2023-24. Students are recommended to download their Assignments from this webpage itself. MPCE 021 Solved Assignment 2023-24 They don’t need to go anywhere else when everything regarding the Assignments are available during this text only.
MPCE 021 COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGY Solved Assignment 2023-24
|University||IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University)|
|Course||MA (M.A in Psychology) (MAPC)|
|Session||July 2023-January 2024|
MPCE 021 Solved Assignment 2023-24 : for college kids – MPCE 021 COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGY Solved Assignment 2023-24, Students are advised that after successfully downloading their Assignments, you’ll find each and every course assignments of your downloaded. Candidates got to create separate assignment for the IGNOU Master Course, so as that it’s easy for Evaluators to ascertain your assignments.
COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGY (MPCE 021)
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
Course Code: MPCE-021
Assignment Code: MPCE-021/ASST/TMA/2023-24
SECTION – A
Answer the following questions in 1000 words each. 3 x 15 = 45 Marks
1. Describe the assumptions and therapeutic process in solution focused brief
Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) is a strengths-based therapeutic approach that emphasizes identifying and building upon a client’s existing resources and solutions to their problems. SFBT operates on several key assumptions and follows a structured therapeutic process. Let’s delve into these assumptions and the therapeutic process of SFBT:
- Change is Constant: SFBT assumes that change is inevitable and that even small changes can lead to larger shifts. The focus is on helping clients amplify and build upon these changes.
- Client Resources: Clients possess the skills, strengths, and knowledge necessary to create positive changes in their lives. The therapist’s role is to facilitate the exploration and utilization of these resources.
- Solution-Oriented Thinking: Clients benefit more from focusing on solutions rather than dwelling on problems. SFBT encourages clients to direct their attention to what they want to achieve rather than what they want to avoid.
- Brief and Goal-Oriented: SFBT is time-limited and goal-oriented. It assumes that significant progress can be made in a relatively short period by targeting specific goals.
- Identifying Goals: The therapist collaboratively works with the client to identify clear and specific goals for therapy. These goals help guide the therapeutic process and provide direction.
- Exploring Exceptions: Clients are asked to identify times when the problem is less severe or even absent. These exceptions provide valuable information about the client’s strengths and resources.
- Miracle Question: The therapist asks the “miracle question,” which prompts the client to envision a future where the problem has been miraculously solved. This question helps clients clarify their goals and desires.
- Scaling Questions: Scaling questions are used to assess the client’s perception of their progress on a scale from 0 to 10. This visual representation of progress helps both the therapist and the client gauge improvement.
- Amplifying Solutions: The therapist guides the client in exploring and elaborating on potential solutions, strengths, and past successes. This process encourages the client to view their capabilities positively.
- Setting Small Goals: Clients are encouraged to set achievable, small-scale goals that move them toward their desired outcomes. These incremental steps help build confidence and momentum.
- Feedback and Validation: The therapist provides positive feedback and validation for the client’s efforts and progress. This reinforcement helps the client feel recognized and motivated to continue.
- Collaborative Exploration: The therapist and client work together to explore potential strategies and actions that align with the client’s goals. The therapist’s role is to guide and facilitate this process.
- Homework and Tasks: SFBT often includes homework assignments or tasks that clients can complete between sessions. These assignments help clients practice new skills and behaviors.
- Termination: SFBT is designed to be relatively brief. As therapy nears its end, the therapist and client review progress, celebrate achievements, and discuss strategies for maintaining positive changes.
- Client Autonomy: Clients have autonomy in the therapeutic process. The therapist respects their preferences, pace, and priorities.
SFBT places emphasis on collaboration, client empowerment, and a solution-focused mindset. By aligning with these assumptions and following the structured therapeutic process, therapists aim to help clients make tangible and meaningful changes in their lives within a relatively short timeframe.
2. Define eating disorders. Discuss the causes of eating disorders.
3. Explain Cluster A personality disorders.
SECTION – B
Answer the following questions in 400 words each. 5 x 5 = 25 Marks
4. Explain the importance and process of terminating a counseling relationship.
5. Differentiate between guidance, counseling and psychotherapy.
6. Explain the ethical principles in counseling.
7. Explain the gestalt approach in terms of its goals, techniques, role of a counselor
and views of human nature.
8. Explain the techniques used in cognitive behavior therapy.
SECTION – C
Answer the following questions in 50 words each. 10 x 3 = 30 Marks
9.Stages in counseling
10. Transference and counter transference
11. ABCDEF technique
12. Ego psychology
13. Difference between psychodynamic therapy and psychoanalysis
14. Constructing an anxiety hierarchy
16. Counselling for street children
17. Children’s Rights as per UNCRC
18. Myths about AIDS
IGNOU Assignment Status 2023-24
MPCE 021 COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGY Solved Assignment 2023-24: Those students who had successfully submitted their Assignments to their allocated study centres can now check their Assignment Status. Alongside assignment status, they will also checkout their assignment marks & result. All this is often available in a web mode. After submitting the assignment, you’ll check you IGNOU Assignment Status only after 3-4 weeks. it’d take 40 days to declare.
Those students who had successfully submitted their Assignments to their allocated study centres can now check their Assignment Status. Along with assignment status, they can also checkout their assignment marks & result. MPCE 021 Solved Assignment 2023-24 All this is available in an online mode. After submitting the assignment, you can check you IGNOU Assignment Status only after 3-4 weeks. It might take 40 days to declare.
For PDF and Handwritten