MPCE 013 PSYCHOTHERAPEUTIC METHODS Solved Assignment 2023-24: MPCE 013 Solved Assignment 2023-24 , MPCE 013 Assignment 2022 , FREE MPCE 013 Assignment , IGNOU Assignments 2023-24- Gandhi National Open University had recently uploaded the assignments of this session for MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMME IN PSYCHOLOGY (MAPC) for the year 2023-24. Students are recommended to download their Assignments from this webpage itself. MPCE 013 Solved Assignment 2023-24 They don’t need to go anywhere else when everything regarding the Assignments are available during this text only.
MPCE 013 PSYCHOTHERAPEUTIC METHODS Solved Assignment 2023-24
|University||IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University)|
|Course||MA (M.A in Psychology) (MAPC)|
|Session||July 2023-January 2024|
MPCE 013 Solved Assignment 2023-24 : for college kids – MPCE 013 PSYCHOTHERAPEUTIC METHODS Solved Assignment 2023-24, Students are advised that after successfully downloading their Assignments, you’ll find each and every course assignments of your downloaded. Candidates got to create separate assignment for the IGNOU Master Course, so as that it’s easy for Evaluators to ascertain your assignments.
PSYCHOTHERAPEUTIC METHODS (MPCE 013)
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
Course Code: MPCE-013
Assignment Code: MPCE-013/ASST/TMA/2023-24
SECTION – A
Answer the following questions in 1000 words each. 3 x 15 = 45 Marks
1. Explain interpersonal psychotherapy in terms of its characteristics and
Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT) is a time-limited, evidence-based psychotherapy that focuses on improving interpersonal relationships and addressing interpersonal issues that contribute to psychological distress. IPT is particularly effective in treating mood disorders such as depression and has also been adapted for various other conditions. It is based on the understanding that interpersonal problems and life events can significantly impact an individual’s emotional well-being. Here are the key characteristics and techniques of Interpersonal Psychotherapy:
- Time-Limited: IPT is typically conducted over a fixed number of sessions, often ranging from 12 to 16 sessions. This structured approach helps clients focus on their specific interpersonal issues and work towards resolution within a defined timeframe.
- Interpersonal Focus: The primary focus of IPT is on interpersonal relationships and the social context in which the individual lives. It explores the connection between life events, interpersonal functioning, and emotional symptoms.
- Present-Centered: While historical context is considered, IPT primarily focuses on the client’s current interpersonal challenges and how they are contributing to the client’s emotional difficulties.
- Collaborative Approach: IPT is a collaborative therapy in which the therapist and client work together to identify and address interpersonal problems. Clients are encouraged to actively participate in setting goals and developing strategies for addressing their concerns.
- Identifying Patterns: The therapy emphasizes the identification of patterns in interpersonal relationships that contribute to distress. This includes recognizing recurring conflicts, communication styles, and emotional responses within relationships.
- Communication Skills: IPT often includes improving communication skills and enhancing the client’s ability to express their needs, thoughts, and feelings in a healthy and assertive manner.
- Assessment: The therapist begins by conducting a thorough assessment of the client’s interpersonal relationships and relevant life events. This helps identify specific areas of concern and target them for intervention.
- Role Transition: This technique focuses on life transitions or changes that disrupt an individual’s sense of identity or roles within relationships. The therapist helps the client adjust to these changes and develop new strategies for adapting to their new roles.
- Grief: IPT addresses unresolved grief related to the loss of a loved one, whether through death or other forms of separation. The therapy helps clients process their feelings of loss and find ways to adapt to life without the person they’ve lost.
- Role Disputes: This technique addresses conflicts and disagreements within relationships. The therapist helps clients understand the underlying issues causing the dispute and guides them in finding healthier ways to communicate and resolve conflicts.
- Interpersonal Deficits: Some individuals struggle with forming and maintaining relationships due to deficits in social skills or shyness. IPT helps clients develop social skills, enhance their self-esteem, and build connections with others.
- Termination: As IPT is time-limited, the therapy places importance on preparing the client for termination. The therapist helps the client consolidate their gains, reflect on progress, and discuss strategies for maintaining healthy interpersonal functioning beyond therapy.
Interpersonal Psychotherapy is grounded in the belief that improving interpersonal relationships can lead to significant symptom relief and increased well-being. It provides practical tools for addressing current challenges and building skills to navigate relationships more effectively. However, it’s important to note that while IPT can be effective for many individuals, each person’s experience and response to therapy may vary.
2. Define integrative psychotherapy. Explain different ways to psychotherapy
3. Define couple therapy. Explain the different approaches to couple therapy.
SECTION – B
Answer the following questions in 400 words each. 5 x 5 = 25 Marks
4. Explain the Developmental, Individual difference and Relationship based model
5. Explain the treatment principles of cognitive behaviour therapy.
6. Describe the areas of application for behavior modification techniques.
7. Explain the goals and views of human nature as per client centered therapy.
8. Explain psychotherapy in the context of terminal illness.
SECTION – C
Answer the following questions in 50 words each. 10 x 3 = 30 Marks
9. Attachment and Biobehavioural Catch-up (ABC)
10. Aim of play therapy
11. Cognitive analytic therapy
12. Systematic desensitization
13. Multimodal therapy
14. Negative punishment
15. Types of groups
16. Life review therapy
17. Psychosocial tasks of middle adulthood
18. Projective identification
IGNOU Assignment Status 2023-24
MPCE 013 PSYCHOTHERAPEUTIC METHODS Solved Assignment 2023-24: Those students who had successfully submitted their Assignments to their allocated study centres can now check their Assignment Status. Alongside assignment status, they will also checkout their assignment marks & result. All this is often available in a web mode. After submitting the assignment, you’ll check you IGNOU Assignment Status only after 3-4 weeks. it’d take 40 days to declare.
Those students who had successfully submitted their Assignments to their allocated study centres can now check their Assignment Status. Along with assignment status, they can also checkout their assignment marks & result. MPCE 013 Solved Assignment 2023-24 All this is available in an online mode. After submitting the assignment, you can check you IGNOU Assignment Status only after 3-4 weeks. It might take 40 days to declare.
For PDF and Handwritten