TNAU PhD Admission 2023
TNAU PhD admission 2023 is ongoing based on ICAR AICE 2023. The last date to apply for the same is August 31, 2023. Interested candidates may apply through tnau.ac.in/site/pgschooltnau/admission/
PhD at Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) is full-time program offered for a duration of 3-5 years. The program is offered under 5 departments in 29 specialisations such as Agricultural Economics, Plant Nematology, Nano Science and Technology, Floriculture, Forestry, Food Science etc. Ph.D courses are available at Coimbatore campus only. Minimum requirement to apply for a Ph.D. program is a masters degree in a relevant subject. Admissions to the PhD program are based on an entrance examination conducted by the university.
TNAU Ph.D. Important Dates 2023
|Applications Start Date||April 19, 2023|
|Last date to apply||May 15, 2023|
|Notification for the Entrance test||May 19, 2023|
|Entrance Exam Date||May 28, 2023|
|Notification of selection list||June 04, 2023|
|Admission and payment of fee||July 31, 2023|
|Registration of First semester||August 01, 2023|
|Last date to apply for PhD Admission based on ICAR AICE||August 31, 2023|
TNAU Ph.D. Eligibility Criteria
The candidate must have a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
TNAU Ph.D. Admission Guidelines
TNAU offers admission to Ph.D courses on entrance-basis.
Steps to apply for entrance are:
- Visit the official website https://tnau.ac.in/
- Find the application form after the official announcement.
- Register yourself at first and then login using the same credentials.
- Select the desired programme.
- Upload the documents carefully.
- Pay the application fee.
- Finally click “Submit”.
- Print out of application form can be taken for future reference.
- Degree Certificates of both Bachelor’s and Masters Programme.
- Migration certificate or Transfer Certificate.
- Community Certificate (if applicable).
- Code of conduct certificate from the last institution studied.
Application Fees Details:
- For General Category students application fee is INR 1000.
- For SC/ST students, the application fee is INR 500.
- Fees can be paid in online mode.
TNAU PhD Entrance Exam Pattern
TNAU Ph.D. entrance exam pattern is as follows:
|General Aptitude||10 Marks|
|Related field (where admission is desired)||70 Marks|
TNAU Ph.D Course Details
Ph.D programmes may be completed in 4-8 years varying upon the desired course.
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Extension and Communication
- Plant Physiology
- Genetics & Plant Breeding
- Plant Pathology
- Seed Science and Technology
- Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry
- Environmental Science
- Agri. Business Management
- Nano Science & Technology
- Fruit Science
- Vegetable Science
- Plantation, Spices, Medicinal and Aromatic Crops
- Floriculture and Landscape Architecture
- Farm Machinery and Power Engineering
- Renewable Energy Engineering
- Processing and Food Engineering
- Soil and Water Conservation Engineering
- Food Process Engineering
- Food Science and Technology
- Food Science and Nutrition
TNAU Ph.D. Placement
Placements at the university are too good. But Ph.D being a theoretical course not many placements are offered as students opt for government jobs or professionalism.