MEG 06 Solved Assignment 2020-21 – AMERICAN LITERATURE You are required to do one assignment for the elective English course entitled American Literature (MEG-06), of the Master’s Degree in English Programme. This is a Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA) and carries 100 marks. This assignment covers the entire MEG-6 course from Blocks 1 to 8.
Aims: This TMA is concerned mainly with assessing your application and understanding of the course material. You are not required to reproduce chunks of information from the course material but to use the skills of critical appreciation that you may have acquired during the course of study.
This assignment aims to teach as well as to assess your performance. Please ensure that you read all the texts prescribed in the course. Let me repeat: you must read all the novels, plays and poems prescribed. Do make points as you go along. If there is anything you do not understand, please ask your Counsellor at the Study Centre for clarification. Once you are able to do the assignment satisfactorily, you will be ready to take the exam with confidence.
MEG 06 AMERICAN LITERATURE
Solved Assignment 2020-21
Max. Marks: 100
Attempt all questions.
All questions carry equal marks.
- The poem ‘Mending Wall’ seeks to project a close link with nature. Discuss. 20
- Discuss Hemingway’s art of storytelling with reference to ‘A Clean Well-lighted Place’. 20
- “Colour Consciousness is a constant presence in Tony Morrison’s The Bluest Eye”. Discuss. 20
- What is the role of the river in Huckleberry Finn? 20
- Discuss Arther Miller’s idea of dramatic form with particular reference to Death of a Salesman. 20
GUIDELINES FOR TMAs
MEG 06 AMERICAN LITERATURE You will find it useful to keep the following points in mind:
1. Planning: Read the questions carefully. Go through the units on which they are based. Make some points regarding each question and then rearrange these in a logical order. MEG 06 AMERICAN LITERATURE And please write the answers in your own words. Do not reproduce passages from the units.
2. Organisation: Be a little more selective and analytic before drawing up a rough outline of your answer. In an essay-type question, give adequate attention to your introduction and conclusion. The introduction must offer your brief interpretation of the question and how your propose to develop it. The conclusion must summarise your response to the question. In the course of your answer, you may like to make references to other texts or critics as this will add
some depth to your analysis.
Make sure that your answer:
(a) is logical and coherent;
(b) as clear connections between sentences and paragraphs;
(c) is written correctly giving adequate consideration to your expression, style and
(d) does not exceed the number of words indicated in your question.
3. Presentation: Once you are satisfied with your answers, you can write down the final version for submission, writing each answer neatly and underlining the points you wish to emphasize. You may be aware that you need to submit your assignments before you can appear for the Term End Exams. Please remember to keep a copy of your completed assignment, just in case the one you submitted is lost in transit.
Good luck with your work!
MEG 06 Solved Assignment 2020-21