MSO 004 Sociology in India Solved Assignment 2023-24: MSO 004 Solved Assignment 2023-24 , MSO 004 Assignment 2022 , FREE MSO 004 Assignment , IGNOU Assignments 2023-24- Gandhi National Open University had recently uploaded the assignments of this session for MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMME IN Sociology (MSO) for the year 2023-24. Students are recommended to download their Assignments from this webpage itself. MSO 004 Solved Assignment 2023-24 They don’t need to go anywhere else when everything regarding the Assignments are available during this text only.
MSO 004 Sociology in India Solved Assignment 2023-24
|University||IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University)|
|Course||MA (M.A in Sociology) (MSO)|
|Title||Sociology in India|
|Session||July 2023-January 2024|
MSO 004 Solved Assignment 2023-24 : for college kids – MSO 004 Sociology in India Solved Assignment 2023-24, Students are advised that after successfully downloading their Assignments, you’ll find each and every course assignments of your downloaded. Candidates got to create separate assignment for the IGNOU Master Course, so as that it’s easy for Evaluators to ascertain your assignments.
1. Describe the heritage of social thought in India which led to the emergence of
The heritage of social thought in India has a rich and diverse history that has significantly contributed to the emergence of sociology as a discipline. The development of sociological ideas in India can be traced back to ancient texts, philosophical traditions, religious teachings, and the complex social structures that have existed in the region for millennia.
- Ancient Texts and Philosophical Traditions: India’s ancient texts, such as the Vedas, Upanishads, and Dharmashastra, contain insights into social organization, ethics, and moral principles. Philosophical traditions like Vedanta, Buddhism, and Jainism emphasized concepts of social duty, justice, and the nature of human existence. These texts and traditions laid the foundation for understanding social relationships, morality, and individual’s roles within society.
- Caste System and Social Hierarchy: The caste system, a distinctive feature of Indian society, provided an early framework for analyzing social stratification. The hierarchical structure of society based on caste and varna (occupational categories) influenced social interactions, roles, and responsibilities. The examination of these social divisions and their implications contributed to the emergence of sociological thought.
- Diversity and Pluralism: India’s immense diversity in terms of languages, religions, cultures, and traditions led thinkers to ponder the dynamics of coexistence and interdependence among different communities. This diversity prompted discussions on tolerance, integration, and the potential sources of social cohesion.
- Bhakti and Sufi Movements: The Bhakti and Sufi movements, which gained prominence from around the 12th century onwards, challenged orthodox social norms and religious hierarchies. These movements emphasized the importance of personal spirituality and a direct relationship with the divine, cutting across caste and religious boundaries. This focus on individual experience and inclusivity fostered critical discussions about social structures.
- Colonial Encounter and Modernization: The British colonial period introduced Western concepts of governance, administration, and education to India. As Indians were exposed to Western ideas, there arose a need to understand the changes taking place in society due to modernization, urbanization, and industrialization. This interaction with Western thought, along with the challenges posed by colonial rule, prompted Indian scholars to critically examine their own society.
- Social Reform Movements: The 19th-century social reform movements, such as those led by Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Jyotirao Phule, and Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, sought to challenge traditional practices like sati (widow burning), caste-based discrimination, and untouchability. These movements generated debates about social justice, equality, and the role of institutions in shaping society.
- Nationalist Movement: The Indian nationalist movement, which sought political independence from British rule, also fostered discussions about the nature of Indian society and its future trajectory. Leaders like Mahatma Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru emphasized the importance of social and economic development alongside political freedom.
All these factors contributed to the emergence of sociological thought in India. Scholars like G.S. Ghurye, D.P. Mukerji, and M.N. Srinivas drew from indigenous cultural resources and Western sociological theories to develop a uniquely Indian approach to the discipline. This approach often combined an understanding of traditional Indian society with the analytical tools of sociology, addressing issues related to social change, inequality, and modernization. Over time, this blend of heritage and modern thought laid the groundwork for the development of sociology as a distinct field of study in India.
2. Discuss with suitable examples the major research on villages in India.
3. Define the concept of caste and discuss the Brahminic perspective on caste in
India with suitable examples.
4. Explain with examples the forces of social and technological changes that
impact the kinship institution in India.
5. Describe the changing values and life-style amongst the middle class woman.
6. What are the major agrarian classes in India? Discuss with reference to the
contributions of different Sociologists
7. Discuss the relationship between tribe and caste in India with suitable
8. Discuss critically the concepts of caste, class and gender in India.
9. How does the rural and urban societies change during a social or natural
disaster like an epidemic or earthquake. Discuss critically.
10. Write short notes on any two of the following:
a) Concept of Sanskritization
b) Globalisation and its impact
c) Define social movement.
d) Social change and Social revolution.
IGNOU Assignment Status 2023-24
MSO 004 Sociology in India Solved Assignment 2023-24: Those students who had successfully submitted their Assignments to their allocated study centres can now check their Assignment Status. Alongside assignment status, they will also checkout their assignment marks & result. All this is often available in a web mode. After submitting the assignment, you’ll check you IGNOU Assignment Status only after 3-4 weeks. it’d take 40 days to declare.
Those students who had successfully submitted their Assignments to their allocated study centres can now check their Assignment Status. Along with assignment status, they can also checkout their assignment marks & result. MSO 004 Solved Assignment 2023-24 All this is available in an online mode. After submitting the assignment, you can check you IGNOU Assignment Status only after 3-4 weeks. It might take 40 days to declare.
For PDF and Handwritten