- 1 FREE IGNOU MGY-102 Solved Assignment 2023-24
- 1.0.1 Q1. Describe the interaction of EMR with earth and atmosphere. Support your answer with the help of neat well labelled diagrams.
- 1.0.2 2. Give an account of along-track and across-track scanners.
- 1.0.3 3. Write short notes on the following: a) Spectral signature b) MODIS c) Types of image resolution d) Indian remote sensing satellite series e) Data formats f) IKONOS
- 1.0.4 Part B
- 1.0.5 4. What is ground truth data? Discuss in detail about planning field surveys.
- 1.0.6 5. Write a comparison of visual and digital image interpretation methods.
- 1.0.7 6. Write short notes on the following: a) Types of digital images b) Elements of image interpretation c) Image corrections d) Supervised image classification e) Accuracy assessment f) Image transformation
- 1.1 IGNOU Assignment Status 2023-24
- 1.2 IGNOU MSC GEOINFORMATICS Solved Assignment
- 1.3 How to Download IGNOU Solved Assignment 2023-2024
- 1.4 Where can I find Ignou solved assignment?
- 1.5 How can we submit Ignou assignment?
- 1.6 How can I submit Ignou assignment online?
- 1.7 How to fill IGNOU Assignment FRONT Page?
FREE IGNOU MGY-102 Solved Assignment 2023-24
FREE IGNOU MGY-102 Solved Assignment 2023-24 IGNOU Solved Assignment 2023-24: IGNOU ASSIGNMENT 2023-24 DOWNLOAD FREE, FREE IGNOU MGY-102 Solved Assignment 2023-24 Remote Sensing and Image Interpretation , IGNOU Solved Assignment Download PDF – Important Note- Students are advised that after successfully downloading their Assignments. Candidates need to create separate assignment for the All Courses, in order that it’s easy for Evaluators to see your assignments. FREE IGNOU MGY-102 Solved Assignment 2023-24
Note: Attempt all questions. The marks for each question are indicated against it. Write all answers in your own words; do not copy from the Self Learning Materials (SLMs). Write your answers in about 150 and 300 words for short notes and long answers, respectively.
Q1. Describe the interaction of EMR with earth and atmosphere. Support your answer with the help of neat well labelled diagrams.
Electromagnetic radiation (EMR) refers to waves of the electromagnetic field, propagating through space and carrying electromagnetic radiant energy. It encompasses a spectrum of types ranging from gamma rays to radio waves. The interaction of EMR with the Earth and its atmosphere is crucial in shaping life on our planet, the climate, and even technological applications. To comprehensively understand these interactions, we can break them down by source, type of radiation, and effects on the Earth and atmosphere.
1. Sources of EMR:
- The Sun: The primary source of electromagnetic radiation is the Sun. It emits a wide range of radiation, from harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays to beneficial visible light.
- Artificial Sources: These include radio and television signals, cell phone towers, satellite communications, and other man-made devices.
2. Types of EMR and their Interactions:
- Ultraviolet Radiation (UV):
- Atmospheric Absorption: Ozone in the stratosphere absorbs the majority of the Sun’s harmful ultraviolet radiation. This is the protective role of the ozone layer, preventing most UV rays from reaching Earth’s surface.
- Effects: Overexposure to UV can lead to skin cancer, cataracts, and other health problems in living organisms. It can also degrade materials like plastics.
- Visible Light:
- Atmospheric Interaction: Visible light largely passes through the atmosphere to reach the Earth’s surface. Some is scattered by particles and gases in the atmosphere, which is why the sky is blue.
- Effects: Visible light drives photosynthesis in plants – the fundamental process for life on Earth. It also provides warmth and is essential for vision in many organisms.
- Infrared Radiation (IR):
- Atmospheric Interaction: Greenhouse gases (like CO₂, water vapor, and methane) absorb and reemit infrared radiation. This keeps Earth warmer than it would be without these gases, a phenomenon known as the greenhouse effect.
- Effects: IR is responsible for the warmth we feel from sunlight and is crucial for maintaining the Earth’s temperature. Excessive IR due to increased greenhouse gases can lead to global warming.
- Microwaves and Radio Waves:
- Atmospheric Interaction: These waves mostly pass through the atmosphere with little interaction, which is why they are used for long-distance communication.
- Effects: Radios, cell phones, and satellite communications work using these waves.
3. Secondary Effects and Phenomena:
- Reflection: When EMR strikes a surface, some of it may bounce back. For instance, snow reflects a lot of visible light, which is why it appears white.
- Refraction: As EMR passes from one medium (like space) to another (like the Earth’s atmosphere), it bends. This bending of light is evident in phenomena like rainbows.
- Scattering: When EMR encounters particles in the atmosphere, it gets scattered in multiple directions. Rayleigh scattering, for instance, scatters shorter (blue) wavelengths more, making the sky appear blue.
- Absorption: EMR can be absorbed by materials. Dark objects absorb more visible light and, thus, feel warmer to touch. The atmosphere absorbs different EMR wavelengths differently, shaping the spectrum of light reaching the Earth’s surface.
4. Technological and Environmental Implications:
- Climate Change: Enhanced greenhouse effect due to increased CO2 levels traps more IR, leading to global warming.
- Ozone Depletion: Certain chemicals, like CFCs, can degrade the ozone layer, leading to an increased amount of harmful UV reaching the Earth.
- Communication Systems: Our reliance on EMR for communications is massive. Atmospheric conditions can sometimes disrupt signals, leading to communication breakdowns.
- Remote Sensing: Using different EMR wavelengths, satellites can map and monitor changes in the environment, aiding in studies like deforestation, urban growth, and even natural disasters.
The interactions of EMR with the Earth and its atmosphere are multifaceted and essential for sustaining life. The balance of these interactions ensures our planet remains hospitable. It is crucial to understand these processes, especially as human activities are changing the natural balance, leading to potential global challenges.
While this description provides an overview, diagrams would be instrumental in visually conveying these interactions. Since I cannot directly draw or show diagrams, I’ve incorporated placeholders where diagrams would be most effective. If you’re presenting this information, accompanying visuals will significantly aid in understanding.
2. Give an account of along-track and across-track scanners.
3. Write short notes on the following:
a) Spectral signature
c) Types of image resolution
d) Indian remote sensing satellite series
e) Data formats
4. What is ground truth data? Discuss in detail about planning field surveys.
5. Write a comparison of visual and digital image interpretation methods.
6. Write short notes on the following:
a) Types of digital images
b) Elements of image interpretation
c) Image corrections
d) Supervised image classification
e) Accuracy assessment
f) Image transformation
FREE IGNOU MGY-102 Solved Assignment 2023-24 Important links for your help
|IGNOU Solved Assignment||Front page||Soft Copy(PDF)|
|Handwritten Hard Copy||Exam form||RE-registration|
|Handwritten Scan Pdf||ID Card||Result/Study Material|
IGNOU Assignment Status 2023-24
MSC GEOINFORMATICS IGNOU Solved Assignment: FREE IGNOU MGY-102 Solved Assignment 2023-24 : Those students who had successfully submitted their Assignments to their allocated study centres can now check their Assignment Status. Alongside assignment status, they will also checkout their assignment marks & result. All this is often available in a web mode. After submitting the assignment, you’ll check you IGNOU Assignment Status only after 3-4 weeks. it’d take 40 days to declare.
IGNOU MSC GEOINFORMATICS Solved Assignment
IGNOU MSC GEOINFORMATICS Solved Assignment: MGY-102 IGNOU Solved Assignment: MGY-102 IGNOU Solved Assignment 2023-24: Those students who had successfully submitted their Assignments to their allocated study centres can now check their Assignment Status. Along with assignment status, they can also checkout their assignment marks & result. All this is available in an online mode. After submitting the assignment, you can check you IGNOU Assignment Status only after 3-4 weeks. It might take 40 days to declare.
How to Download IGNOU Solved Assignment 2023-2024
To download IGNOU solved assignments for the academic year 2022-2023, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of IGNOU at ignou.ac.in.
- Click on the “Student Zone” tab on the homepage and select the “Assignments” option from the dropdown menu.
- On the Assignments page, select your program and then your course code from the list.
- Select the assignment you wish to download and click on the link provided.
- The assignment will open in a new window in PDF format.
- Click on the download button and save the assignment on your device.
It is important to note that IGNOU solved assignments for each course and semester are available on the IGNOU website. Students can download the solved assignments and use them as a guide to complete their own assignments. However, it is advised not to copy the answers directly from the solved assignments and to use them only as a reference to understand the concepts and write their own answers. FREE IGNOU MGY-102 Solved Assignment 2023-24
Where can I find Ignou solved assignment?
If you didn’t get an Assignment Question yet then you can download it from the IGNOU Assignments section page. Just collect questions and start writing your assignment with the available solutions. IGNOU is very strict about checking of assignments submitted by students to IGNOU Study Centre.
How can we submit Ignou assignment?
Now students have to submit their assignments online to Madhyam before the scheduled date. You can submit your annual assignment through the online link. Through the online submission links issued by the university, you can submit your assignment from home.
How can I submit Ignou assignment online?
The email must carry the following details of the sender:
- Name of the learner:
- Enrollment number:
- Regional Centre Code:
- Study Centre Code:
- Programme Code:
- Course Code(s) of attached assignments:
- Mobile number:
- Email ID:
How to fill IGNOU Assignment FRONT Page?
FREE IGNOU MGY-102 Solved Assignment 2023-24 It is mandatory to put front page in IGNOU assignment because it is a document which contains all the information of the candidate. All the details should be written carefully in the front page like course code and title, assignment code, personal details such as name, enrollment number, and address, date of submission, study center, and your signature with the date of submission etc. If you want to avoid assignment rejection then you should not make any mistake in front page. Front page should be written in good and clear writing.
GET Solved PDF – www.shop.senrig.in
WhatsApp – 8130208920