FREE IGNOU MPSE 006 Solved Assignment 2023-24 | PEACE AND CONFLICT STUDIES MPSE 006 PEACE AND CONFLICT STUDIES Solved Assignment 2023-24: MPSE 006 Solved Assignment 2023-24 , MPSE 006 Assignment 2022 , FREE MPSE 006 Assignment , IGNOU Assignments 2023-24- Gandhi National Open University had recently uploaded the assignments of this session for M.A. (Political Science) for the year 2023-24. Students are recommended to download their Assignments from this web page itself. MPSE 006 Solved Assignment 2023-24 They don’t need to go anywhere else when everything regarding the Assignments are available during this text only.
FREE IGNOU MPSE 006 Solved Assignment 2023-24 | PEACE AND CONFLICT STUDIES
|University||IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University)|
|Title||PEACE AND CONFLICT STUDIES|
|Session||July 2023-January 2024|
MPSE 006 Solved Assignment 2023-24 : for college kids – MPSE 006 PEACE AND CONFLICT STUDIES Solved Assignment 2023-24, Students are advised that after successfully downloading their Assignments, you’ll find each and every course assignments of your downloaded. Candidates got to create separate assignment for the IGNOU Master Course, so as that it’s easy for Evaluators to ascertain your assignments.
1. The evolution of civil society in its relationship with the state has undergone major transformations in the modern period. Elucidate.
The evolution of civil society in its relationship with the state has indeed undergone major transformations in the modern period. This evolution reflects changes in political, social, and economic dynamics, as well as shifts in the balance of power between state institutions and civil society organizations. To elucidate these transformations, let’s examine the modern period’s key stages and the changing nature of the state-civil society relationship:
- Early Modern Period (16th-18th centuries):
- Feudal Structures: In the early modern period, many societies were characterized by feudal systems, where power was concentrated in the hands of aristocratic elites and monarchs.
- Limited Civic Engagement: Civil society as we understand it today was relatively undeveloped. Civic engagement was limited, and political participation was often restricted to the nobility and clergy.
- Enlightenment and Revolutionary Era (18th-19th centuries):
- Emergence of Political Thought: The Enlightenment brought about intellectual changes that emphasized individual rights, liberty, and the social contract. Thinkers like John Locke and Jean-Jacques Rousseau laid the groundwork for modern political theory, emphasizing the role of the individual and society.
- Revolutions and Social Movements: The American Revolution, French Revolution, and other movements challenged traditional power structures. They underscored the idea of popular sovereignty, where the state’s legitimacy derives from the consent of the governed.
- 19th Century and Industrialization:
- Economic Changes: Industrialization and urbanization transformed societies. The rise of the capitalist economy created new social classes, including the industrial working class.
- Emergence of Civil Society Organizations: As societies became more complex, various voluntary associations, labor unions, charitable organizations, and advocacy groups emerged. These organizations represented the interests and concerns of different segments of society.
- Late 19th and Early 20th Century:
- Expansion of Civil Society: The expansion of civil society continued, with organizations advocating for social and political reforms. Movements like women’s suffrage and labor unions gained prominence.
- Social Welfare and Public Policy: Civil society played a significant role in influencing social welfare policies and reforms, pushing for labor rights, public education, and other social changes.
- Mid-20th Century:
- Welfare States and Corporatism: Many Western countries developed welfare states and corporatist arrangements, where the state, employers, and labor unions cooperated in shaping economic and social policies.
- Civil Rights and Social Movements: The mid-20th century witnessed the civil rights movement, feminist movement, and environmental movement, reflecting the increasing role of civil society in advocating for social justice and equal rights.
- Late 20th and 21st Century:
- Globalization: The late 20th century and the 21st century saw the acceleration of globalization. Civil society organizations expanded their influence beyond national borders, advocating for global issues like human rights, environmental protection, and global health.
- Digital Age: The rise of the internet and digital communication tools enabled civil society to mobilize, organize, and advocate more effectively. Online activism, crowdfunding, and social media have transformed the landscape of civil society engagement.
- Challenges to Civil Society: In some regions, civil society faces challenges such as government restrictions, authoritarianism, and shrinking civic space. Civil society organizations often find themselves in conflicts with states that seek to control or limit their activities.
In summary, the evolution of civil society in the modern period reflects a transition from limited civic engagement in the early modern period to the development of diverse, influential civil society organizations advocating for various social, political, and economic changes. The state-civil society relationship has evolved from one of limited participation to a more dynamic and influential partnership that shapes public policies and societal norms in contemporary times.
2. Critically analyse the powers of the Security Council concerning peaceful settlement of
3. Define civil war and examine its operational and structural aspects.
4. Examine the judicial procedures for resolution of conflicts.
5. Briefly describe the system level and state level approaches to understanding the causes of
6. In the long run one would have to fight the mindset that is likely to generate terrorism and
not simply try to contain it by force? Discuss.
7. Critically examine Gandhi’s view on war.
8. Write a short note on each part of the following question in about 250 words:
(a) Composition and functions of the International Court of Justice
(b) Distinction between peace research and peace studies
9. Define human security and examine its nature and scope.
10. Write a short note on each part of the following question in about 250 words:
(a) Structural violence
(b) Functionalism and Neo-fuctionalism
IGNOU Assignment Status 2023-24
MPSE 006 STATE AND SOCIETY IN AFRICA Solved Assignment 2023-24: Those students who had successfully submitted their Assignments to their allocated study centres can now check their Assignment Status. Alongside assignment status, they will also checkout their assignment marks & result. All this is often available in a web mode. After submitting the assignment, you’ll check you IGNOU Assignment Status only after 3-4 weeks. it’d take 40 days to declare. MPSE 006 Solved Assignment 2023-24
Those students who had successfully submitted their Assignments to their allocated study centres can now check their Assignment Status. Along with assignment status, they can also checkout their assignment marks & result. MPSE 006 Solved Assignment 2023-24 All this is available in an online mode. After submitting the assignment, you can check you IGNOU Assignment Status only after 3-4 weeks. It might take 40 days to declare.
For PDF and Handwritten