IGNOU MPA 014 Free Solved Assignment 2022-23, IGNOU MPA 014 HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT Free Solved Assignment 2022-23 If you are interested in pursuing a course in radio production and direction, IGNOU MPA 014 can be an excellent choice. In this article, we will take a closer look at what IGNOU MPA 014 is all about and what you can expect to learn from this course.
Important Links : Handwritten Hardcopy
IGNOU MPA 014 Free Solved Assignment 2022-23 is a course offered by the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) under the School of Journalism and New Media Studies. As the name suggests, it is a course on “Production and Direction for Radio.” The course is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of radio production and direction and covers various topics related to this field. IGNOU MPA 014 Free Solved Assignment 2022-23
- 1 IGNOU MPA 014 Free Solved Assignment 2022-23
- 2 Q1) Define Strategic Human Resource Management (SHRM) and highlight its approaches.
- 3 Q2) Describe the process and aspects of Manpower Planning.
- 4 Q3) Discuss major objectives of performance appraisal.
- 5 Q4) Write a note on job evaluation.
- 6 Q5) Define redeployment and analyse its guiding principles and key issues.
IGNOU MPA 014 Free Solved Assignment 2022-23
Q1) Define Strategic Human Resource Management (SHRM) and highlight its approaches.
Strategic Human Resource Management (SHRM) is a comprehensive approach to the management of people within an organization, which aims to align the human resource function with the strategic goals and objectives of the organization. The primary focus of SHRM is to ensure that the organization has the right people, with the right skills, in the right roles, at the right time, to achieve its strategic goals.
There are several approaches to SHRM, including:
Resource-Based View (RBV) approach: This approach suggests that the organization’s human resources are valuable, rare, inimitable, and non-substitutable. Therefore, the human resources of an organization should be managed strategically to create a sustainable competitive advantage.
Best Practice approach: This approach suggests that there are certain HR practices that are universally effective and can lead to improved organizational performance. These practices include employee involvement, training and development, performance management, and employee recognition.
Contingency approach: This approach suggests that HR practices should be tailored to the specific needs of the organization and its environment. HR practices that are effective in one organization may not be effective in another.
Configuration approach: This approach suggests that HR practices should be configured to align with the organization’s strategic goals and objectives. This approach involves the identification of HR practices that are aligned with the organization’s strategic goals and objectives and the configuration of these practices to support the achievement of these goals.
Overall, the key objective of SHRM is to ensure that an organization’s human resource function is aligned with its strategic goals and objectives, and that the organization has the right people, with the right skills, in the right roles, at the right time, to achieve its strategic goals.
Q2) Describe the process and aspects of Manpower Planning.
Manpower planning is the process of identifying, analyzing, and forecasting the workforce needs of an organization. It involves estimating the number of employees required, their skills and abilities, and the timing of hiring or training. The goal of manpower planning is to ensure that an organization has the right people in the right place at the right time to achieve its objectives.
The following are the key aspects of manpower planning:
Forecasting: Manpower planning starts with forecasting the future needs of the organization. This involves analyzing historical data, market trends, and the organization’s strategic plan to estimate the number and types of employees that will be required in the future.
Gap analysis: Once the future workforce needs are estimated, a gap analysis is performed to identify the difference between the current workforce and the future workforce requirements. This analysis helps to identify areas where the organization may have a shortage of skills or overstaffing.
Recruitment and selection: Based on the gap analysis, the organization may decide to recruit new employees or train existing employees to fill the gaps. The recruitment and selection process involves identifying the skills and experience required for the job, attracting potential candidates, and selecting the best candidates for the job.
Training and development: In cases where existing employees need to be trained or upskilled, the organization may provide training and development opportunities to improve their skills and capabilities. This ensures that the organization has a workforce with the required skills and expertise to meet its goals.
Performance management: Once employees are hired or trained, their performance is monitored and evaluated to ensure that they are meeting the organization’s expectations. This helps to identify any gaps in performance and provides an opportunity for feedback and coaching to improve performance.
Overall, effective manpower planning is critical for organizations to achieve their goals and remain competitive in today’s dynamic business environment. It involves forecasting future workforce needs, analyzing gaps, and taking appropriate action to ensure that the organization has the right people in the right place at the right time.
Q3) Discuss major objectives of performance appraisal.
Performance appraisal is a process of evaluating and assessing the performance of employees against predefined goals and objectives. The major objectives of performance appraisal are:
Performance Improvement: One of the primary objectives of performance appraisal is to identify areas where employees need to improve their performance. By providing feedback on their performance, employees can focus on their strengths and weaknesses, and take appropriate steps to improve their performance.
Feedback and Recognition: Performance appraisal is an opportunity for managers to provide feedback to employees about their performance. This feedback can be positive or negative, and can be used to recognize employees for their achievements or to identify areas where they need to improve.
Goal Setting: Performance appraisal can be used to set goals and objectives for employees. This helps employees to understand what is expected of them and provides them with a clear direction for their work.
Promotion and Career Development: Performance appraisal can also be used to identify employees who are performing well and have the potential for promotion and career development. By providing feedback and identifying areas for improvement, employees can work towards developing the skills and knowledge required for advancement.
Training and Development: Performance appraisal can help identify training and development needs for employees. This can help managers to design training programs that are tailored to the specific needs of their employees, which can lead to improved performance and productivity.
Compensation and Rewards: Performance appraisal can be used to determine compensation and rewards for employees. By evaluating employee performance, managers can make informed decisions about salary increases, bonuses, and other rewards.
Overall, performance appraisal plays a critical role in improving employee performance, providing feedback and recognition, setting goals and objectives, promoting career development, identifying training needs, and determining compensation and rewards.
Q4) Write a note on job evaluation.
Job evaluation is a process that organizations use to determine the relative value of different jobs within their organization. It is an essential part of the compensation management system and helps organizations ensure that their pay structure is fair, equitable, and competitive.
The job evaluation process involves analyzing and comparing different jobs based on various factors such as job duties and responsibilities, required skills and qualifications, and the level of authority and decision-making involved. The goal is to determine the relative worth of each job and establish a hierarchy of jobs within the organization.
There are several methods of job evaluation, including the point-factor method, job ranking method, and job classification method. Each method has its own strengths and weaknesses, and the choice of method depends on the organization’s specific needs and goals.
Once the job evaluation process is complete, the organization can use the results to establish a fair and competitive pay structure. The results can also help identify areas where additional training or development may be needed to improve job performance.
In summary, job evaluation is a critical process for organizations to ensure that they have a fair and equitable pay structure. It involves analyzing and comparing different jobs to determine their relative worth and can help organizations identify areas for improvement in job performance and employee development.
Q5) Define redeployment and analyse its guiding principles and key issues.
Redeployment refers to the process of shifting employees from their current positions to other positions within an organization. It is often used as a strategy to optimize an organization’s workforce and improve productivity by aligning employees’ skills and interests with the organization’s needs.
The guiding principles of redeployment include:
- Skills and interests matching: The key principle of redeployment is to match employees’ skills, knowledge, and interests with available positions within the organization. This principle ensures that employees are placed in positions that are a good fit for their abilities and preferences, which in turn can increase their job satisfaction and motivation.
- Strategic alignment: Redeployment should be aligned with the organization’s overall business strategy and objectives. By ensuring that redeployment efforts are aligned with the organization’s goals, the organization can optimize its workforce and increase productivity.
- Fairness and transparency: Redeployment should be conducted in a fair and transparent manner. This means that employees should have equal opportunities to apply for open positions and be considered for redeployment based on their skills and qualifications.
- Communication: Effective communication is essential to ensure that employees understand the redeployment process and their options. This includes providing clear information about available positions, the skills and qualifications required, and the selection criteria.
Some key issues to consider when implementing a redeployment strategy include:
- Resistance to change: Employees may be resistant to change and reluctant to move to a new position. This can be addressed by providing training and support to employees during the redeployment process, and by communicating the benefits of redeployment.
- Legal considerations: Redeployment may have legal implications, particularly if employees are being moved to a different location or if their employment terms and conditions are changing. It is important to ensure that redeployment is conducted in compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Disruption to operations: Redeployment can be disruptive to operations, particularly if employees are moved from key positions. It is important to plan for the potential impact of redeployment on business operations and to have contingency plans in place to mitigate any disruption.
- Cost considerations: Redeployment can be costly, particularly if employees require training or additional support to transition to a new position. It is important to consider the costs and benefits of redeployment and to ensure that the benefits outweigh the costs.
6) What do you understand by Management Development? Discuss approaches to Management Development.
7) Explain significant steps in capacity building and bring out its objectives.
8) Define TQM and distinguish it from traditional management.
9) Discuss the objectives and process of collective bargaining.
10) Write a note on judicial approach to discipline
GET Handwritten Hardcopy
All Over India Delivery
WhatsApp – 8130208920