IGNOU MANE 002 Solved Assignment 2022-23 : MANE 002 Solved Assignment 2023 , MANE 002 Solved Assignment 2022-23, MANE 002 Assignment 2022-23 , MANE 002 Assignment, IGNOU MANE 002 Solved Assignment 2022-23 IGNOU Assignments 2022-23- Gandhi National Open University had recently uploaded the assignments of the present session for MEG Programme for the year 2022-23. Students are recommended to download their Assignments from this webpage itself.
- 1 IGNOU MANE 002 Solved Assignment 2022-23
- 1.1 1. Explain basic principles of growth.
- 1.2 2. Discuss the role of Hawthrone effect in longitudinal studies.
- 1.3 3. Briefly discuss the levels of body composition.
- 1.5 4. What are the factors affecting growth? Discuss. 5. Define and differentiate between any two of the following: a) Distance curve and Velocity curve b) Longitudinal method and Mixed longitudinal method of studying growth c) Skeletal age and Dental age
- 1.6 6. Describe some ways to slow down ageing process.
- 1.7 Get IGNOU MANE 002 Solved Assignment 2022-23 Now here from this website.
- 1.8 7. What do you understand by undernutrition and overnutrition? Explain. 8. Describe in brief the methods used for assessing nutritional status.
- 2 IGNOU MANE 002 Solved Assignment 2022-23
- 2.1 9. Discuss in brief the purpose and use of somatotyping. 10. Write short notes on any two of the following: a) Environmental factors affecting growth b) Concept of Balanced Diet c) Secular Trend
- 2.2 MANE 002 Handwritten Assignment 2022-23
IGNOU MANE 002 Solved Assignment 2022-23
We provide handwritten PDF and Hardcopy to our IGNOU and other university students. There are several types of handwritten assignment we provide all Over India. IGNOU MANE 002 Solved Assignment 2022-23 We are genuinely work in this field for so many time. You can get your assignment done – 8130208920
Important Note – IGNOU MANE 002 Solved Assignment 2022-23 You may be aware that you need to submit your assignments before you can appear for the Term End Exams. Please remember to keep a copy of your completed assignment, just in case the one you submitted is lost in transit.
Submission Date :
- 31st March 2033 (if enrolled in the July 2033 Session)
- 30th Sept, 2033 (if enrolled in the January 2033 session).
SECTION – A
1. Explain basic principles of growth.
2. Discuss the role of Hawthrone effect in longitudinal studies.
Ans. The Hawthorne effect is a type of reactivity in which individuals modify an aspect of their behavior in response to their awareness of being observed. The effect was discovered in the context of research conducted at the Hawthorne Western Electric plant; however, some scholars feel the descriptions are apocryphal.
The original research involved workers who made electrical relays at the Hawthorne Works, a Western Electric plant in Cicero, Illinois. Between 1924 and 1927, the lighting study was conducted. Workers experienced a series of lighting changes in which productivity was said to increase with almost any change in the lighting. This turned out not to be true. In the study that was associated with Elton Mayo, which ran from 1928 to 1932, a series of changes in work structure were implemented (e.g., changes in rest periods) in a group of five women. However, this was a methodologically poor, uncontrolled study that did not permit any firm conclusions to be drawn.
One of the later interpretations by Landsberger suggested that the novelty of being research subjects and the increased attention from such could lead to temporary increases in workers’ productivity. This interpretation was dubbed “the Hawthorne effect”.
The term “Hawthorne effect” was coined in 1958 by Henry A. Landsberger when he was analyzing the Hawthorne studies conducted between 1924 and 1932 at the Hawthorne Works (a Western Electric factory in Cicero, outside Chicago). The Hawthorne Works had commissioned a study to determine if its workers would become more productive in higher or lower levels of light. The workers’ productivity seemed to improve when changes were made, and slumped when the study ended. It was suggested that the productivity gain occurred as a result of the motivational effect on the workers of the interest being shown in them.
This effect was observed for minute increases in illumination. In these lighting studies, light intensity was altered to examine its effect on worker productivity. Most industrial or occupational psychology and organizational behavior textbooks refer to the illumination studies when discussing the Hawthorne effect. Only occasionally are the rest of the studies mentioned.
Although illumination research of workplace lighting formed the basis of the Hawthorne effect, other changes such as maintaining clean work stations, clearing floors of obstacles, and even relocating workstations resulted in increased productivity for short periods. Thus the term is used to identify any type of short-lived increase in productivity.
Relay assembly experiments
In one of the studies, researchers chose two women as test subjects and asked them to choose four other workers to join the test group. Together the women worked in a separate room over the course of five years (1927–1932) assembling telephone relays.
Output was measured mechanically by counting how many finished relays each worker dropped down a chute. This measuring began in secret two weeks before moving the women to an experiment room and continued throughout the study. In the experiment room they had a supervisor who discussed changes with their productivity. Some of the variables were:
Giving two 5-minute breaks (after a discussion with them on the best length of time), and then changing to two 10-minute breaks (not their preference). Productivity increased, but when they received six 5-minute rests, they disliked it and reduced output.
Providing food during the breaks.
Shortening the day by 30 minutes (output went up); shortening it more (output per hour went up, but overall output decreased); returning to the first condition (where output peaked).
Changing a variable usually increased productivity, even if the variable was just a change back to the original condition. However, it is said that this is the natural process of the human being adapting to the environment, without knowing the objective of the experiment occurring. Researchers concluded that the workers worked harder because they thought that they were being monitored individually.
Researchers hypothesized that choosing one’s own coworkers, working as a group, being treated as special (as evidenced by working in a separate room), and having a sympathetic supervisor were the real reasons for the productivity increase. One interpretation, mainly due to Elton Mayo, was that “the six individuals became a team and the team gave itself wholeheartedly and spontaneously to cooperation in the experiment.” (There was a second relay assembly test room study whose results were not as significant as the first experiment.)
The purpose of the next study was to find out how payment incentives would affect productivity. The surprising result was that productivity actually decreased. Workers apparently had become suspicious that their productivity may have been boosted to justify firing some of the workers later on. The study was conducted by Elton Mayo and W. Lloyd Warner between 1931 and 1932 on a group of fourteen men who put together telephone switching equipment. The researchers found that although the workers were paid according to individual productivity, productivity decreased because the men were afraid that the company would lower the base rate. Detailed observation of the men revealed the existence of informal groups or “cliques” within the formal groups. These cliques developed informal rules of behavior as well as mechanisms to enforce them. The cliques served to control group members and to manage bosses; when bosses asked questions, clique members gave the same responses, even if they were untrue. These results show that workers were more responsive to the social force of their peer groups than to the control and incentives of management.
Richard Nisbett has described the Hawthorne effect as “a glorified anecdote,” saying that “once you have got the anecdote, you can throw away the data.” Other researchers have attempted to explain the effects with various interpretations. J. G. Adair warned of gross factual inaccuracy in most secondary publications on the Hawthorne effect and that many studies failed to find it. He argued that it should be viewed as a variant of Orne’s (1973) experimental demand effect. For Adair, the Hawthorne effect depended on the participants’ interpretation of the situation. An implication is that manipulation checks are important in social sciences experiments. He advanced the view that awareness of being observed was not the source of the effect, but participants’ interpretation of the situation is critical.
Possible explanations for the Hawthorne effect include the impact of feedback and motivation towards the experimenter. Receiving feedback on their performance may improve their skills when an experiment provides this feedback for the first time. Research on the demand effect also suggests that people may be motivated to please the experimenter, at least if it does not conflict with any other motive. They may also be suspicious of the purpose of the experimenter. Therefore, Hawthorne effect may only occur when there is usable feedback or a change in motivation.
Parsons defined the Hawthorne effect as “the confounding that occurs if experimenters fail to realize how the consequences of subjects’ performance affect what subjects do” [i.e. learning effects, both permanent skill improvement and feedback-enabled adjustments to suit current goals]. His key argument was that in the studies where workers dropped their finished goods down chutes, the participants had access to the counters of their work rate.
Mayo contended that the effect was due to the workers reacting to the sympathy and interest of the observers. He did discuss the study as demonstrating an experimenter effect but as a management effect: how management can make workers perform differently because they feel differently. He suggested that much of the Hawthorne effect concerned the workers feeling free and in control as a group rather than as being supervised. The experimental manipulations were important in convincing the workers to feel this way, that conditions in the special five-person work group was really different from the conditions on the shop floor. The study was repeated with similar effects on mica-splitting workers.
3. Briefly discuss the levels of body composition.
4. What are the factors affecting growth? Discuss.
5. Define and differentiate between any two of the following:
a) Distance curve and Velocity curve
b) Longitudinal method and Mixed longitudinal method of studying growth
c) Skeletal age and Dental age
SECTION – B
6. Describe some ways to slow down ageing process.
Get IGNOU MANE 002 Solved Assignment 2022-23 Now here from this website.
7. What do you understand by undernutrition and overnutrition? Explain.
8. Describe in brief the methods used for assessing nutritional status.
IGNOU MANE 002 Solved Assignment 2022-23
9. Discuss in brief the purpose and use of somatotyping.
10. Write short notes on any two of the following:
a) Environmental factors affecting growth
b) Concept of Balanced Diet
c) Secular Trend
IGNOU MANE 002 Solved Assignment 2022-23 get here all ignou solved assignment 2022-23 , ignou guess paper , ignou help books and ignou exam related material. We help students to get their assignment done with our handwritten services, IGNOU MANE 002 Solved Assignment 2022-23 you can access our all material and services through WhatsApp also , 8130208920
GET SOLVED PDF – Click Here
IGNOU Instructions for the MANE 002 HUMAN GENETICS
IGNOU MANE 002 Solved Assignment 2022-23 Before attempting the assignment, please read the following instructions carefully.
- Read the detailed instructions about the assignment given in the Handbook and Programme Guide.
- Write your enrolment number, name, full address and date on the top right corner of the first page of your response sheet(s).
- Write the course title, assignment number and the name of the study centre you are attached to in the centre of the first page of your response sheet(s).
- Use only foolscap size paperfor your response and tag all the pages carefully
- Write the relevant question number with each answer.
- You should write in your own handwriting.
GUIDELINES FOR IGNOU Assignments 2022-23
MANE 002 Solved Assignment 2022-23 You will find it useful to keep the following points in mind:
- Planning: Read the questions carefully. IGNOU MANE 002 Solved Assignment 2022-23 Download PDF Go through the units on which they are based. Make some points regarding each question and then rearrange these in a logical order. And please write the answers in your own words. Do not reproduce passages from the units.
- Organisation: Be a little more selective and analytic before drawing up a rough outline of your answer. In an essay-type question, give adequate attention to your introduction and conclusion. IGNOU MANE 002 Solved Assignment 2022-23 Download PDF The introduction must offer your brief interpretation of the question and how you propose to develop it. The conclusion must summarise your response to the question. In the course of your answer, you may like to make references to other texts or critics as this will add some depth to your analysis.
- Presentation: IGNOU MANE 002 Solved Assignment 2022-23 Download PDF Once you are satisfied with your answers, you can write down the final version for submission, writing each answer neatly and underlining the points you wish to emphasize.
The top of the first page of your response sheet should look like this: Get IGNOU Assignment Front page through. And Attach on front page of your assignment. Students need to compulsory attach the front page in at the beginning of their handwritten assignment.
ENROLMENT NO: …………………………………………………….
COURSE TITLE: ………………………………………………………
ASSIGNMENT NO: …………………………………………………
STUDY CENTRE: …………………………………………….……..
MANE 002 Handwritten Assignment 2022-23
IGNOU MANE 002 Solved Assignment 2022-23 We provide handwritten PDF and Hardcopy to our IGNOU and other university students. IGNOU MANE 002 Solved Assignment 2022-23 Download PDF There are several types of handwritten assignment we provide all Over India. IGNOU MANE 002 Solved Assignment 2022-23 Download PDF We are genuinely work in this field for so many time. You can get your assignment done – 8130208920
PDF & Handwritten
WhatsApp – 8130208920