IGNOU CFN 1 Solved Assignment 2022-23 Download Free : IGNOU CFN 1 Solved Assignment 2022-2023 , IGNOU CFN 1 Assignment 2022-23 , IGNOU CFN 1 Assignment , CFN 1 Solved Assignment 2022-23 Download Free IGNOU Assignments 2022-23- Certificate Programmes Assignment 2022-23 Gandhi National Open University had recently uploaded the assignments of the present session for Certificate Programmes for the year 2022-23. Courses such as CSWM, CVG, CAFE/DAFE, CIS comes under the Certificate Programmes category. IGNOU Certificate Programmes courses give students the freedom to choose any subject according to their preference. Students are recommended to download their Assignments from this webpage itself. IGNOU solved assignment 2022-23 ignou dece solved assignment 2022-23, ignou ma sociology assignment 2022-23 meg 10 solved assignment 2022-23 ts 6 solved assignment 2022-23 , meg solved assignment 2022-23 .
- 1 IGNOU CFN 1 Solved Assignment 2022-23
- 2 1. a) Define the terms- Food and Nutrition.
- 3 b) Elaborate the factors which determine food acceptance.
- 4 2. Discuss the various functions of food ? Also, mention the energy yield of 1 gm of Carbohydrate, Protein and Fat?
- 5 3. What do you understand by macro and micronutrients? Briefly discuss the functions of carbohydrates in our body.
- 6 4. What are the sources, functions and effects of deficiency of Vitamin D and Iron in our body?
- 7 5. a) Discuss briefly the classification of foods according to food groups? b) Justify the statement-“Indian Vegetarian diet is considered to be nutritionally adequate”.
- 8 6. a) What are the various moist heat methods of cooking food? Explain. b) How can you minimize nutrient losses while cooking vegetables?
- 9 7. Describe how food can act as an agent of transmitting infection. Enumerate the steps you will take to prevent the spread of contagion through food?
- 10 IGNOU CFN 1 Solved Assignment 2022-23
- 12 GET IGNOU Handwritten Hardcopy , WhatsApp – 8130208920
- 14 8. a) What do you understand by the term food preservation? List the common household methods of food preservation. b) List the criteria for selection of fats and oils. What is the recommended ratio of polyunsaturated and saturated fatty acids in the diet?
- 15 9. Elaborate and discuss the following: a) Artificial Sweetners b) Fermentation c) Convenience foods
- 16 Get IGNOU CFN 1 Solved Assignment 2022-23 Download Free Now here from this website.
- 18 GUIDELINES FOR IGNOU Assignments 2022-23
- 19 IGNOU Assignment Front Page
- 20 CFN 1 Handwritten Assignment 2022-23
IGNOU CFN 1 Solved Assignment 2022-23
We provide handwritten PDF and Hardcopy to our IGNOU and other university students. There are several types of handwritten assignment we provide all Over India. CFN 1 Solved Assignment 2022-23 Download Free We are genuinely work in this field for so many time. You can get your assignment done – 8130208920
Important Note – IGNOU CFN 1 Solved Assignment 2022-2023 Download Free You may be aware that you need to submit your assignments before you can appear for the Term End Exams. Please remember to keep a copy of your completed assignment, just in case the one you submitted is lost in transit.
Submission Date :
- 31st March 2033 (if enrolled in the July 2033 Session)
- 30th Sept, 2033 (if enrolled in the January 2033 session).
Assignment-1 consists of two parts and is of 100 marks. The weightage given to each
part isindicated in the brackets.
a) Descriptive type question (60 Marks)
b) Practical Exercise (40 Marks)
Part A: Descriptive Type Question
1. a) Define the terms- Food and Nutrition.
Food and nutrition are the way that we get fuel, providing energy for our bodies. We need to replace nutrients in our bodies with a new supply every day. Water is an important component of nutrition. Fats, proteins, and carbohydrates are all required. Maintaining key vitamins and minerals are also important to maintaining good health. For pregnant women and adults over 50, vitamins such as vitamin D and minerals such as calcium and iron are important to consider when choosing foods to eat, as well as possible dietary supplements.
A healthy diet includes a lot of natural foods. A sizeable portion of a healthy diet should consist of fruits and vegetables, especially ones that are red, orange, or dark green. Whole grains, such as whole wheat and brown rice, should also play a part in your diet. For adults, dairy products should be non-fat or low-fat. Protein can consist of lean meat and poultry, seafood, eggs, beans, legumes, and soy products such as tofu, as well as unsalted seeds and nuts.
Good nutrition also involves avoiding certain kinds of foods. Sodium is used heavily in processed foods and is dangerous for people with high blood pressure. The USDA advises adults to consume less than 300 milligrams (mg) per day of cholesterol (found in meat and full-fat dairy products among others). Fried food, solid fats, and trans fats found in margarine and processed foods can be harmful to heart health. Refined grains (white flour, white rice) and refined sugar (table sugar, high fructose corn syrup) are also bad for long-term health, especially in people with diabetes. Alcohol can be dangerous to health in amounts more than one serving per day for a woman and two per day for a man.
There are many high-quality, free guidelines available for healthy eating plans that give more details on portion size, total calorie consumption, what to eat more of, and what to eat less of to get healthy and stay that way.
Even if you are getting enough to eat, if you are not eating a balanced diet, you may still be at risk for certain nutritional deficiencies. Also, you may have nutritional deficiencies due to certain health or life conditions, such as pregnancy, or certain medications you may be taking, such as high blood pressure medications. People who have had intestinal diseases or had sections of intestines removed due to disease or weight loss surgery also may be at risk for vitamin deficiencies. Alcoholics are also at high risk of having nutritional deficiencies.
One of the most common nutritional deficiencies is iron deficiency anemia. Your blood cells need iron in order to supply your body with oxygen, and if you don’t have enough iron, your blood will not function properly. Other nutritional deficiencies that can affect your blood cells include low levels of vitamin B12, folate, or vitamin C.
Vitamin D deficiency may affect the health of your bones, making it difficult for you to absorb and use calcium (another mineral that you may not be getting enough of). Although you can get vitamin D by going out in the sun, many people with concerns about skin cancer may end up with low levels of vitamin D by not getting enough sun.
Other nutritional deficiencies include:
- beriberi: low levels of vitamin B1 (found in cereal husks)
- ariboflavinosis: low levels of vitamin B2
- pellagra: low levels of vitamin B3
- paraesthesia: low levels of vitamin B5 leading to a “pins and needles” feeling
- biotin deficiency: low levels of vitamin B7, which can be common in pregnancy
- hypocobalaminemia: low levels of B12
- night blindness: low levels of Vitamin A
- scurvy: low levels of vitamin C
- rickets: severe vitamin D and/or calcium deficiency
- vitamin K deficiency
- magnesium deficiency: occurs with certain medications and medical problems
- potassium deficiency: occurs with certain medications and medical problems
Eating a balanced diet can help prevent these conditions. Vitamin supplements may be necessary for certain people, such as pregnant or nursing mothers and people with intestinal conditions.
b) Elaborate the factors which determine food acceptance.
Food acceptability is affected by many factors, which may be related to the individual, the food, or the environment in which the food is consumed. Acceptability is a subjective measure based on hedonics (pleasure), which in turn is influenced by the sensory properties of the food, previous exposure to it and subsequent expectations, contextual factors, an individual’s culture, physiological status (i.e., hunger, thirst, and presence/absence of illness), and many other variables. The measurement of food acceptance is highly complex and relies on psychometrics (scales) and/or behavioral models (food-choice models). This article aims to discuss some innate factors that impact on foods’ sensory acceptability and how these can be measured and understood using sensory evaluation.
The study of food acceptability and the measurement of its sensory and affective dimensions are complicated by the fact that foods are typically eaten within a context, i.e., the meal, and that the consumer typically brings to the dining situation a host of expectations that are based on previous experience, product and nutrition information, and packaging, all of which can affect liking for the food. Such influences can limit the predictive validity of laboratory-based measures of food acceptance unless adequate research methods are developed to understand and control these effects. In terms of situational context, few studies have adequately assessed the contribution of the meal context/situation to liking. Herbert Meiselman and his colleagues have studied the influence of a number of contextual variables was studied. All studies showed changes in the probability of food selection, while some studies showed changes in acceptance and some did not. For example, the effort required to obtain food showed large selection rate changes but no reliable changes in acceptance, whereas changes in food cost changed both selection rates and acceptance. Further studies identified a major difference in acceptance ratings of foods in institutional vs noninstitutional food service settings, in agreement with previous observations concerning expectations in these two different classes of environments.
In an attempt to develop a measure of food acceptability that takes into account the situational influences of the dining situation, Howard Schutz developed the concept of ‘situational appropriateness’ as well as a method to index the degree of appropriateness of any food in a wide range of situations. This scale has been used effectively in a variety of survey formats, and more recently has been shown to be a valuable adjunct to laboratory affective testing of foods.
Concerning the expectations that consumers bring to the dining situation, Armand Cardello and other researchers have shown that a wide variety of extrinsic variables, such as product information, packaging, brand names, and nutrition statements, can influence the consumer’s expected liking for a product. In numerous studies designed to look at the role of these expectations on actual liking and behavior toward the food, expectations were manipulated so as to lead consumers to expect a better-liked or a worse-liked product. By measuring expected liking using a simple category scale and comparing changes in actual liking relative to a baseline rating of the acceptance of the food in a blind (no information) condition, it has been shown that product acceptance assimilates the level of expectation. That is, if expectations are higher than the baseline acceptance of the product, rated acceptability increases. If expectations are lower, rated acceptability decreases. These important influences of consumer beliefs and expectations on product perception have been demonstrated for purely sensory dimensions of food and have been shown to have a direct influence on behavior, e.g., consumption.
2. Discuss the various functions of food ? Also, mention the energy yield of 1 gm of Carbohydrate, Protein and Fat?
Simple carbohydrates: Various forms of sugar, such as fructose (fruit sugar) and sucrose (table sugar), are simple carbohydrates. They are small molecules, so they can be broken down and absorbed by the body quickly and are the quickest source of energy. They quickly increase the level of blood glucose (blood sugar). Fruits, dairy products, honey, and maple syrup contain large amounts of simple carbohydrates, which provide the sweet taste in most candies and cakes.
Complex carbohydrates: These carbohydrates are composed of long strings of simple carbohydrates. Because complex carbohydrates are larger molecules than simple carbohydrates, they must be broken down into simple carbohydrates before they can be absorbed. Thus, they tend to provide energy to the body more slowly than simple carbohydrates but still more quickly than protein or fat. Because they are digested more slowly than simple carbohydrates, they are less likely to be converted to fat. They also increase blood sugar levels more slowly and to lower levels than simple carbohydrates but for a longer time. Complex carbohydrates include starches and fibers, which occur in wheat products (such as breads and pastas), other grains (such as rye and corn), beans, and root vegetables (such as potatoes and sweet potatoes).
3. What do you understand by macro and micronutrients? Briefly discuss the functions of carbohydrates in our body.
4. What are the sources, functions and effects of deficiency of Vitamin D and Iron in our body?
5. a) Discuss briefly the classification of foods according to food groups?
b) Justify the statement-“Indian Vegetarian diet is considered to be nutritionally adequate”.
6. a) What are the various moist heat methods of cooking food? Explain.
b) How can you minimize nutrient losses while cooking vegetables?
7. Describe how food can act as an agent of transmitting infection. Enumerate the steps you will take to prevent the spread of contagion through food?
IGNOU Handwritten Hardcopy , WhatsApp – 8130208920
IGNOU CFN 1 Solved Assignment 2022-2023 We provide handwritten PDF and Hardcopy to our IGNOU and other university students. There are several types of handwritten assignment we provide all Over India. CFN 1 Solved Assignment 2022-23 Download Free We are genuinely work in this field for so many time. You can get your assignment done – 8130208920
IGNOU CFN 1 Solved Assignment 2022-23
GET IGNOU Handwritten Hardcopy , WhatsApp – 8130208920
8. a) What do you understand by the term food preservation? List the common household methods of food preservation.
b) List the criteria for selection of fats and oils. What is the recommended ratio of polyunsaturated and saturated fatty acids in the diet?
9. Elaborate and discuss the following:
a) Artificial Sweetners
c) Convenience foods
Get IGNOU CFN 1 Solved Assignment 2022-23 Download Free Now here from this website.
IGNOU CFN 1 Solved Assignment 2022-2023 get here all ignou solved assignment 2022-23 , ignou guess paper , ignou help books and ignou exam related material. We help students to get their assignment done with our handwritten services, CFN 1 Solved Assignment 2022-23 Download Free you can access our all material and services through WhatsApp also , 8130208920
GET SOLVED PDF – Click Here
IGNOU Instructions for the CFN 1 Solved Assignment 2022-23
IGNOU CFN 1 Solved Assignment 2022-23 Download Free Before attempting the assignment, please read the following instructions carefully.
- Read the detailed instructions about the assignment given in the Handbook and Programme Guide.
- Write your enrolment number, name, full address and date on the top right corner of the first page of your response sheet(s).
- Write the course title, assignment number and the name of the study centre you are attached to in the centre of the first page of your response sheet(s).
- Use only foolscap size paperfor your response and tag all the pages carefully
- Write the relevant question number with each answer.
- You should write in your own handwriting.
GUIDELINES FOR IGNOU Assignments 2022-23
IGNOU CFN 1 Solved Assignment 2022-23 You will find it useful to keep the following points in mind:
- Planning: Read the questions carefully. IGNOU CFN 1 Assignment 2022-23 Download Free Download PDF Go through the units on which they are based. Make some points regarding each question and then rearrange these in a logical order. And please write the answers in your own words. Do not reproduce passages from the units.
- Organisation: Be a little more selective and analytic before drawing up a rough outline of your answer. In an essay-type question, give adequate attention to your introduction and conclusion. IGNOU CFN 1 Solved Assignment 2022-2023 Download Free Download PDF The introduction must offer your brief interpretation of the question and how you propose to develop it. The conclusion must summarise your response to the question. In the course of your answer, you may like to make references to other texts or critics as this will add some depth to your analysis.
- Presentation: IGNOU CFN 1 Solved Assignment 2022-2023 Download Free Download PDF Once you are satisfied with your answers, you can write down the final version for submission, writing each answer neatly and underlining the points you wish to emphasize.
The top of the first page of your response sheet should look like this: Get IGNOU Assignment Front page through. And Attach on front page of your assignment. Students need to compulsory attach the front page in at the beginning of their handwritten assignment.
ENROLMENT NO: …………………………………………………….
COURSE TITLE: ………………………………………………………
ASSIGNMENT NO: …………………………………………………
STUDY CENTRE: …………………………………………….……..
CFN 1 Handwritten Assignment 2022-23
IGNOU CFN 1 Solved Assignment 2022-23 – We provide handwritten PDF and Hardcopy to our IGNOU and other university students. CFN 1 Solved Assignment 2022-23 Download Free Download PDF There are several types of handwritten assignment we provide all Over India. CFN 1 Solved Assignment 2022-23 Download Free Download PDF We are genuinely work in this field for so many time. You can get your assignment done –8130208920
BUY PDF & Handwritten
- Solved PDF Cost – @50 rs per Paper / Subject
- Handwritten Hardcopy – @350 rs per paper/ subject
WhatsApp – 8130208920