IGNOU BRL 12 Free Solved Assignment 2022-23, IGNOU BRL 12 Visual Merchandising & Store Management Free Solved Assignment 2022-23 If you are interested in pursuing a course in radio production and direction, IGNOU BRL 12 can be an excellent choice. In this article, we will take a closer look at what IGNOU BRL 12 is all about and what you can expect to learn from this course.
Important Links : Handwritten Hardcopy
IGNOU BRL 12 Free Solved Assignment 2022-23 is a course offered by the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) under the School of Journalism and New Media Studies. As the name suggests, it is a course on “Production and Direction for Radio.” The course is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of radio production and direction and covers various topics related to this field. IGNOU BRL 12 Free Solved Assignment 2022-23
- 1 IGNOU BRL 12 Free Solved Assignment 2022-23
- 2 Q1. What is meant by store ambience? Explain in detail the elements to be taken care while finalizing a store ambience.
- 3 Q2. What do you mean by mannequins? Discuss its different types in detail.
- 4 Q3. Discuss the salient features of display approach for apparels.
- 5 Q5. Describe the types of retail outlets catering for food and groceries category.
- 6 Q6. Discuss the essential features for effectiveness of Food and Beverages.
- 7 Q7. Discuss the essential features of visual merchandising. Also explain the pre-requisites while planning for visual merchandising.
IGNOU BRL 12 Free Solved Assignment 2022-23
(A) Short Type Questions
Q1. What is meant by store ambience? Explain in detail the elements to be taken care while finalizing a store ambience.
Store ambiance refers to the overall atmosphere and environment that a store creates for its customers. It includes various physical and sensory elements such as lighting, temperature, color schemes, music, and scents. A well-crafted store ambiance can have a significant impact on a customer’s experience and can help to create a positive and memorable shopping experience.
The following are the key elements that retailers need to take care of while finalizing a store ambiance:
- Lighting: Appropriate lighting can create a warm, welcoming, and inviting atmosphere in a store. Lighting can also be used to highlight specific products and areas within the store. Retailers should consider the type of lighting, its brightness, and color temperature, to set the desired mood and ambiance.
- Color schemes: Color can evoke emotions and influence a customer’s mood. Retailers should carefully select a color palette that matches their brand image and creates the desired ambiance. For example, warm colors such as red, orange, and yellow can create a cozy and inviting atmosphere, while cool colors such as blue and green can create a calming effect.
- Music: Music can create a specific mood and atmosphere in a store. Retailers should consider the genre, tempo, and volume of music to create the desired ambiance. They should also ensure that the music aligns with their brand image and target customer preferences.
- Scents: Scents can evoke emotions and memories and can influence a customer’s shopping behavior. Retailers can use scents to create a specific mood or association with their brand. For example, the scent of lavender can create a calming effect, while the scent of fresh-baked cookies can create a homey and inviting atmosphere.
- Temperature and ventilation: The temperature and ventilation of a store can impact a customer’s comfort and overall shopping experience. Retailers should ensure that the temperature is comfortable, and the air quality is optimal for customers’ health and well-being.
- Store layout: The store layout can affect the customer’s shopping experience and the flow of foot traffic. Retailers should consider the layout and placement of merchandise, signage, and displays to create a comfortable and easy-to-navigate shopping experience.
- Visual merchandising: Visual merchandising refers to the display of products in a store. Retailers should consider the placement, arrangement, and styling of products to create an appealing and visually engaging store ambiance.
Overall, a well-crafted store ambiance can help retailers to attract and retain customers, increase sales, and create a memorable shopping experience. Retailers should carefully consider each of these elements to create a store ambiance that aligns with their brand image and target customer preferences.
Q2. What do you mean by mannequins? Discuss its different types in detail.
Mannequins are three-dimensional human-like figures made of materials such as fiberglass, plastic, wood, or wax that are used for displaying clothing, accessories, or other items in a retail store, museum, or other setting. They come in various styles, sizes, and shapes and are designed to represent different genders, ages, and body types.
There are several types of mannequins, including:
- Full-body mannequins: These are the most common type of mannequins used in retail stores. They have a complete human form, including head, torso, arms, and legs. They come in different postures, such as standing, sitting, or walking, and can be customized to fit specific clothing sizes.
- Partial mannequins: These mannequins are used to display specific items such as tops, bottoms, or accessories. They only show the upper or lower part of the body and are often mounted on a wall or display stand.
- Headless mannequins: As the name suggests, these mannequins lack a head and are used to display items such as scarves, hats, or jewelry. They are often made of lightweight materials and are easy to move around.
- Abstract mannequins: These mannequins have a minimalistic design and are used to draw attention to the clothing or accessories being displayed. They have simplified features, such as a faceless head, and often have a matte finish to reduce reflection.
- Realistic mannequins: These mannequins are designed to look like real people and often have detailed facial features, skin texture, and hair. They are commonly used in high-end stores or museums to display historical clothing.
- Posable mannequins: These mannequins have movable joints that allow for different poses and movements. They are often used in sports stores to display athletic clothing or in dancewear stores to show off dancewear.
- Children’s mannequins: These mannequins are designed to represent children and are used to display children’s clothing, toys, and accessories. They come in different age ranges and are available in both realistic and abstract designs.
In conclusion, mannequins come in various types, shapes, and sizes, depending on their intended use. They are a vital component in the retail industry and are used to display clothing and accessories in an attractive and visually appealing manner.
Q3. Discuss the salient features of display approach for apparels.
The display approach for apparels is an essential component of visual merchandising that focuses on presenting clothing items in an attractive and appealing manner to attract customers and increase sales. The following are some of the salient features of the display approach for apparels:
- Attractive Window Displays: A well-designed window display is the first thing that catches the customer’s eye. It should be attractive and eye-catching to lure customers into the store. Window displays should reflect the brand’s image and convey the season or occasion’s mood.
- Effective Mannequin Placement: Mannequins are often used to display apparel items. The mannequins should be placed in strategic locations to highlight the best features of the apparel. It is important to dress the mannequins appropriately, and they should reflect the brand’s image.
- Proper Lighting: Proper lighting is essential to create a welcoming and appealing atmosphere. The lighting should be bright enough to showcase the apparel items, but not too harsh or glaring.
- Accessible Merchandise: Apparel items should be displayed in a way that is easy for customers to browse through. The store should be organized in such a way that customers can easily find the items they are looking for.
- Coordinated Colors and Themes: The display should have a coordinated color scheme and theme to create an inviting and visually appealing atmosphere. The colors and themes should reflect the brand’s image and the season or occasion.
- Creative Signage: The use of creative signage can help to draw attention to specific merchandise items or sales. Signage should be clear and easy to read, and it should be placed in strategic locations.
- Interactive Displays: Interactive displays can be used to engage customers and create a memorable shopping experience. For example, touch screens can be used to showcase different apparel items and allow customers to view them from different angles.
Overall, the display approach for apparels is a critical aspect of visual merchandising, and it requires careful planning and execution to create an inviting and visually appealing atmosphere that encourages customers to browse and make purchases.
There are several categories of in-store merchandise presentation for fashion apparel, but some of the main ones include:
Wall displays: These are typically large displays that are mounted on the walls of the store. They can showcase a range of products, from clothing to accessories, and are often used to highlight new or seasonal items. Wall displays are usually highly visible, making them a great way to draw attention to specific products or collections.
Floor displays: These are displays that are placed on the floor of the store and can range from simple racks to elaborate fixtures. Floor displays are often used to showcase specific products or collections and are designed to encourage customers to browse and try on items. They can be highly effective in driving sales, especially when they are strategically placed in high-traffic areas of the store.
Here are some more details about two categories of in-store merchandise presentation:
Window displays: Window displays are an important category of in-store merchandise presentation because they are the first thing that potential customers see when they approach the store. A well-designed window display can attract attention, generate interest, and entice customers to come inside and shop. Window displays can be simple or elaborate, depending on the store’s budget and the products being promoted. They can also be updated frequently to reflect new products, seasonal trends, or special promotions.
For example, a store might create a window display that showcases its latest collection of dresses. The display might feature mannequins wearing the dresses, along with complementary accessories like shoes and jewelry. The display could be enhanced with props like flowers, mirrors, or lighting to create a visually appealing and cohesive presentation. A well-designed window display can help a store stand out from its competitors and create a positive impression in the minds of potential customers.
Departmental displays: Another important category of in-store merchandise presentation is departmental displays. These are displays that are organized by product category or department, such as women’s clothing, men’s clothing, or accessories. Departmental displays are designed to make it easy for customers to find what they are looking for and to encourage them to make multiple purchases. They are typically organized in a logical and intuitive way, with related items grouped together.
For example, a store might create a departmental display for women’s shoes. The display might include different types of shoes, such as sandals, flats, and heels, arranged by size and color. The display might also include complementary items like handbags or jewelry to encourage customers to make additional purchases. By creating a well-organized and visually appealing departmental display, a store can help customers find what they are looking for and create a positive shopping experience.
Q5. Describe the types of retail outlets catering for food and groceries category.
There are several types of retail outlets that cater to the food and groceries category, each with its own unique characteristics and customer base. Here are some of the most common types:
- Supermarkets: These are large self-service stores that offer a wide variety of food and grocery items, including fresh produce, meat, dairy products, packaged foods, and household items. Supermarkets often offer a range of brands and price points to cater to a broad customer base.
- Hypermarkets: Similar to supermarkets, hypermarkets are even larger stores that often include a wider range of non-food items such as clothing and electronics. They offer a more comprehensive range of products and are often located on the outskirts of urban areas.
- Convenience stores: These are small stores that offer a limited selection of food and grocery items, with a focus on quick and easy purchases for customers on the go. Convenience stores often have longer operating hours and are located in residential areas or near transportation hubs.
- Discount stores: These stores offer a limited selection of food and grocery items at lower prices than supermarkets or hypermarkets. They often have a smaller store footprint and may carry a mix of national and store-brand products.
- Specialty stores: These are stores that focus on a specific category of food or grocery items, such as organic or health foods, ethnic foods, or gourmet products. Specialty stores often have a more curated selection of products and may offer higher-end or unique items not found in other types of stores.
- Online grocery stores: These are virtual stores where customers can order food and grocery items online and have them delivered to their doorstep. Online grocery stores often offer a wider selection of products and can be more convenient for customers who have limited time to shop in person.
Overall, the retail outlets catering for food and groceries category can range from large, all-encompassing stores to small, specialized shops, each with its own unique selling points and customer base.
Q6. Discuss the essential features for effectiveness of Food and Beverages.
To ensure the effectiveness of food and beverages, there are several essential features that must be considered:
- Quality: The quality of the food and beverages is crucial to ensure customer satisfaction. The ingredients used must be fresh and of good quality. The preparation and presentation of the food must also be done with care and attention to detail.
- Variety: Offering a variety of food and beverage options is essential to cater to different preferences and tastes. This includes offering vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options, as well as a range of beverages, including non-alcoholic options.
- Pricing: The prices of food and beverages must be competitive and reasonable. This means that the prices must reflect the quality and quantity of the food and beverages offered.
- Service: The service provided must be efficient and friendly. Staff must be knowledgeable about the menu, and be able to provide recommendations and answer customer queries.
- Atmosphere: The atmosphere of the establishment must be welcoming and comfortable. This includes the decor, lighting, and music. The cleanliness of the establishment is also important.
- Convenience: Convenience is essential for customers. This includes providing easy-to-read menus, online ordering options, and efficient payment methods.
- Safety and hygiene: The safety and hygiene of the food and beverages must be a top priority. This includes ensuring that the food is prepared and stored at the correct temperature, and that the kitchen and dining areas are kept clean and free from contamination.
Overall, the effectiveness of food and beverages depends on the quality of the food, the variety of options available, the pricing, the service provided, the atmosphere of the establishment, convenience for customers, and ensuring safety and hygiene.
Q7. Discuss the essential features of visual merchandising. Also explain the pre-requisites while planning for visual merchandising.
Visual merchandising is the art of presenting products and services in a way that attracts and engages customers. It involves the use of creative and strategic techniques to enhance the appearance of a store or a product, thereby creating a strong brand image and increasing sales. Some essential features of visual merchandising are:
- Creativity: Visual merchandising requires a creative approach to design and display products in a way that is visually appealing and draws attention.
- Attention to detail: Small details can make a big impact on the overall presentation. Attention to detail is crucial in creating a cohesive and visually stimulating display.
- Branding: Visual merchandising must align with the brand image and values of the business to establish a strong brand identity and reinforce the company’s message.
- Signage and display: Signage and display play a critical role in creating an engaging and immersive shopping experience. These elements should be designed to effectively communicate product information and draw attention to key features.
- Lighting: The right lighting can enhance the display and create a welcoming and inviting environment for customers.
- Product placement: The placement of products in-store must be strategic and visually appealing to encourage customer interaction and drive sales.
Before planning for visual merchandising, there are several prerequisites that must be considered. These include:
- Understanding the target audience: It is essential to know the target audience to create displays that appeal to their interests and preferences.
- Establishing a budget: A budget should be set to ensure that the display is feasible and can be executed within the available resources.
- Researching trends: Keeping up with current trends and industry developments can provide insight into the latest techniques and approaches for creating effective displays.
- Coordinating with suppliers: Coordinating with suppliers is important to ensure that product availability aligns with the display plans.
- Scheduling and timing: Timing is critical to ensure that displays are executed at the right time and coincide with events, seasons, or promotions.
- Training and development: Staff training and development can ensure that the display is executed effectively and efficiently, creating a positive customer experience.
(B) Essay Type Questions
8. What do you mean by Exhibition space? Discuss the points to be taken
care while planning for exhibition space.
9. What do you mean by balance? Explain the different types of balance
while planning to display the merchandise in a store.
GET Handwritten Hardcopy
All Over India Delivery
WhatsApp – 8130208920