MPC 005 Solved Assignment 2021-22 , MPC 005 Solved Assignment 2021-22 , MPC 005 Assignment 2022 , FREE MPC 005 Assignment , IGNOU Assignments 2021-22- Gandhi National Open University had recently uploaded the assignments of this session for MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMME IN PSYCHOLOGY (MAPC) for the year 2021-22. Students are recommended to download their Assignments from this webpage itself. They don’t need to go anywhere else when everything regarding the Assignments are available during this text only.
MPC 005 Solved Assignment 2021-22 : for college kids – MPC 005 RESEARCH METHODS Solved Assignment 2021-22 , Students are advised that after successfully downloading their Assignments, you’ll find each and every course assignments of your downloaded. Candidates got to create separate assignment for the IGNOU Master Course, so as that it’s easy for Evaluators to ascertain your assignments.
MPC 005 Solved Assignment 2021-22
Course Code: MPC 005
Assignment Code: MPC 005/ASST/TMA/2021-22
NOTE: All Questions Are Compulsory
Answer the following question in about 1000 words each: Marks 15×3=45
1. Discuss the nature, types and steps of case study. Describe the criteria and misconceptions of case studies.
Case studies are in-depth investigations of one person, group, event or community. Typically, data are gathered from a spread of sources and by using several different methods (e.g. observations & interviews). The case study research method originated in clinical medicine (the history , i.e. the patient’s personal history). In psychology, case studies are often confined to the study of a specific individual.
The information is especially biographical and relates to events within the individual’s past (i.e. retrospective), also on significant events which are currently occurring in his or her lifestyle . The case study isn’t itself a search method, but researchers select methods of knowledge collection and analysis which will generate material suitable for case studies.
Case studies are widely utilized in psychology and amongst the simplest known were those administered by Freud , including Anna O and tiny Hans.
Freud (1909a, 1909b) conducted very detailed investigations into the private lives of his patients in an effort to both understand and help them overcome their illnesses. Even today case histories are one among the most methods of investigation in psychopathology and psychiatry. This makes it clear that the case study may be a method that ought to only be employed by a psychologist, therapist or psychiatrist, i.e. someone with knowledgeable qualification.
How to analyze case study data
The data collected are often analyzed using different theories (e.g. grounded theory, interpretative phenomenological analysis, text interpretation, e.g. thematic coding).
All the approaches mentioned here use preconceived categories within the analysis and that they are ideographic in their approach, i.e. they specialise in the individual case without regard to a comparison group.
Interpreting the knowledge means the researcher decides what to incorporate or skip . an honest case study should explain which information is that the factual description and which is an inference or the opinion of the researcher.
Strengths of Case Studies
- Provides detailed (rich qualitative) information.
- Provides insight for further research.
- Permitting investigation of otherwise impractical (or unethical) situations.
Case studies allow a researcher to research a subject in much more detail than could be possible if they were trying to affect an outsized number of research participants (nomothetic approach) with the aim of ‘averaging’. Because of their in-depth, multi-sided approach case studies often shed light on aspects of human thinking and behavior that might be unethical or impractical to review in other ways.
Research which only looks into the measurable aspects of human behavior isn’t likely to offer us insights into the subjective dimension to experience which is so important to psychoanalytic and humanistic psychologists. Case studies are often utilized in exploratory research. they will help us generate new ideas (that could be tested by other methods). they’re a crucial way of illustrating theories and may help show how different aspects of an individual’s life are associated with one another .
The method is therefore important for psychologists who adopt a holistic point of view (i.e. humanistic psychologists).
Limitations of Case Studies
Lacking scientific rigour and providing little basis for generalization of results to the broader population.
Researchers’ own subjective feeling may influence the case study (researcher bias).
Difficult to duplicate .
Time-consuming and expensive.
The volume of knowledge , along side the time restrictions in situ , impacted on the depth of study that was possible within the available resources. Because a case study deals with just one person/event/group we will never make certain if the case study investigated is representative of the broader body of “similar” instances. this suggests the the conclusions drawn from a specific case might not be transferable to other settings.
Because case studies are supported the analysis of qualitative (i.e. descriptive) data tons depends on the interpretation the psychologist places on the knowledge she has acquired.
This means that there’s tons of scope for observer bias and it might be that the subjective opinions of the psychologist intrude within the assessment of what the info means. For example, Freud has been criticized for producing case studies during which the knowledge was sometimes distorted to suit the actual theories about behavior (e.g. Little Hans). This is also true of Money’s interpretation of the Bruce/Brenda case study (Diamond, 1997) when he ignored evidence that went against his theory.
2. Explain the method, steps, relevance and implications of grounded theory. Describe the types of coding
in grounded theory.
3. Elaborate the assumptions, approaches, steps, issues and implications of discourse analysis.
Answer the following questions in about 400 words each: Marks 5×5=25
4. Explain the methods of estimating reliability.
5. Explain the different types of variables.
6. Discuss the various types of validity.
7. Describe the importance and types of hypotheses.
8. Discuss the types, advantages and limitations of factorial research design.
Answer the following in about 50 words each: Marks 10×3=30
9. Content of research report.
10. Objectivity safeguards in research process.
11. Types of constructs.
12. Quota sampling.
13. Advantages and disadvantages of survey research.
14. Differences between Ex-post Facto and Experimental research.
15. Criteria for a good research design.
16. Quasi-experimental research design.
17. Advantages of correlational research design .
IGNOU MPC 005 Solved Assignment 2021-22 : Gandhi National Open University had recently updated this session of 2021-22 MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMME IN PSYCHOLOGY (MAPC) assignments on their official university website. we’ve made your work easy by making the solved assignments directly on one portal so as that students can easily get the solved assignments in one go. Students are advised to download their MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMME IN PSYCHOLOGY (MAPC) IGNOU Assignments from this webpage itself with none hassle.
GUIDELINES FOR MPC 005 Solved Assignment:-
You will find it useful to keep the following points in mind:
1. Planning: Read the questions carefully. Go through the units on which they are based. Make some points regarding each question and then rearrange these in a logical order. And please write the answers in your own words. Do not reproduce passages from the units.
2. Organisation: Be a little more selective and analytic before drawing up a rough outline of your answer. In an essay-type question, give adequate attention to your introduction and conclusion. The introduction must offer your brief interpretation of the question and how you propose to develop it. The conclusion must summarise your response to the question. In the course of your answer, you may like to make references to other texts or critics as this will add some depth to your analysis.
Please ensure the following before submitting your assignment :
1. Your enrolment number, name and address have been written correctly.
2. The title of the course and assignment number has been written clearly.
3. Each assignment on each course has been written on separate sheets and pinned properly.
4. All the questions in a particular section should be answered before attempting the next
MPC 005 Solved Assignment 2021-22 You don’t need to worry & go anywhere else on the online as everything regarding the MPC Assignments are available on this page. Students can easily download the IGNOU Assignments and submit them whenever they’re required to submit their assignments no matter their study centers.
If you’re finding out the IGNOU MPC Solved Assignment for 2021-22 Session then finally you’re at the right place. IGNOU MPC Solved Assignments for 2021-22 are now available for download. you’ll easily get the PDF files by clicking the download button against the particular subject that you simply simply wish to choose .
MPC 005 Solved Assignment , you’ll download the MPC IGNOU assignments for courses , After submitting the assignment at the Study Centre / Programme Study Centre get the acknowledgement from the Coordinator / Programme In-charge. In case you have requested for a change of Study Centre, you should submit your Tutor Marked Assignments only to the original Study Centre until the change of Study Centre is notified by the University.
For PDF and Handwritten