MEG 16 Solved Assignment 2020-21 in English Medium
INDIAN FOLK LITERATURE
Course Code: MEG-16
Assignment Code: MEG-16/TMA/2020-21
Max. Marks: 100
Attempt any five of the following. Question 8 is compulsory.
1. Give a brief overview of the growth of folklore studies in India. 20
2. What is Contextual Theory of folklore? Elucidate. 20
3. Categorize the ‘Great’ and ‘Little’ traditions in the study of folklore. 20
4. Are cave paintings a part of our folk paintings and folk narratives? Attempt a critical review of folk
5. Tales Told by Mystics bases itself on the rich indigenous mythological properties. Discuss.
6. Attempt a critical note on the ethnographic details and eco-systems of the tribes of India on the
basis of Sitakant Mahapatra’s The Awakened Wind: The Oral Poetry of the Indian Tribes. 20
7. Discuss Girish Karnad’s pivotal role in the development of folk theatre and modern Indian drama.
8. Write short notes on any two: (10×2=20)
b. Jatra, Kathakali, Tamasha
c. Folk music
d. Folk cuisine