BTMC 133 Solved Assignment 2020-21 in English Medium : HISTORY OF TOURISM – II
Course code: BTMC-133
Total marks: 100
Answer the following in about 500 words each.
1. Describe the various constituents of the Tourism Industry. 20
2. What are the different types of Accommodation available via the organised sector? 20
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
3. What is meant by Industrial Revolution? Explain how the cotton industry played a leading role
in Britain’s Industrial Revolution. 10
4. Discuss the role of Transportation in Tourism. 10
5. Describe the five strategic objectives and strategies of tourism development as mentioned in
the National Tourism Policy 2002. 10
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each.
6. What are the factors that contributed to the rise of National Consciousness? How did it affect
the Swadeshi Movement? 6
7. Explain the different forms of passenger car usage, with examples. 6
8. What are the Ethics of Guiding? What are the qualities of an effective Tourist Guide? 6
9. What is Standarisation? Explain standarisation in the Cruise Tourism Industry. 6
10. Write short notes on any two of the followings. (2×3 =6)
a) Tourism System
b) Women Travel Trends
c) Natural Attractions
BTMC 133 Solved Assignment 2020-21: This assignment solution is based on 2020-21 IGNOU Assignments to be submitted for IGNOU June’2020 Examination & December’2020 Examination It is mandatory to submit assignment before Last Date at IGNOU Study Centre to appear in IGNOU Examination. Assignments with good solution help student to gain better percentage because of its 30% weightage in final marks.