MPC 004 Solved Assignment 2021-22 , MPC 004 Solved Assignment 2021-22 , MPC 004 Assignment 2022 , FREE MPC 004 Assignment , IGNOU Assignments 2021-22- Gandhi National Open University had recently uploaded the assignments of this session for MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMME IN PSYCHOLOGY (MAPC) for the year 2021-22. Students are recommended to download their Assignments from this webpage itself. They don’t need to go anywhere else when everything regarding the Assignments are available during this text only.
MPC 004 Solved Assignment 2021-22 : for college kids – MPC 004 ADVANCED SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY Solved Assignment 2021-22 , Students are advised that after successfully downloading their Assignments, you’ll find each and every course assignments of your downloaded. Candidates got to create separate assignment for the IGNOU Master Course, so as that it’s easy for Evaluators to ascertain your assignments.
MPC 004 Solved Assignment 2021-22
Course Code: MPC004
Assignment Code: MPC 004/ASST/TMA/2021-22
NOTE: All Questions Are Compulsory
Answer the following question in about 1000 words each: Marks 15×3=45
1. Explain the nature, concept and scope of social psychology. Describe the emergence of modern social
Social psychology is that the scientific study of how people’s thoughts, feelings, and behaviors are influenced by the particular , imagined, or implied presence of others (Allport 1998). By this definition, scientific refers to the empirical method of investigation. The terms thoughts, feelings, and behaviors include all of the psychological variables that are measurable during a person . The statement that others could also be imagined or implied suggests that we are susceptible to social influence even when no people are present, like when watching television, or following internalized cultural norms.
Social psychology is an empirical science that attempts to answer a spread of questions on human behavior by testing hypotheses, both within the laboratory and within the field. Such approach to the sector focuses on the individual, and attempts to elucidate how the thoughts, feelings, and behaviors of people are influenced by people .
Social Psychology and Sociology
Social psychology may be a branch of psychology that studies cognitive, affective, and behavioral processes of people as influenced by their group membership and interactions, and other factors that affect social life, like social station , role, and class . psychology examines the consequences of social contacts on the event of attitudes, stereotypes, discrimination, social psychology , conformity, social cognition and influence, self-concept, persuasion, interpersonal perception and attraction, cognitive dissonance, and human relationships.
A significant number of social psychologists are sociologists. Their work features a greater specialise in the behavior of the group, and thus examines such phenomena as interactions and social exchanges at the micro-level, and social psychology and crowd psychology at the macro-level. Sociologists have an interest within the individual, but primarily within the context of social structures and processes, like social roles, race and sophistication , and socialization. they have a tendency to use both qualitative and quantitative research designs. Sociologists during this area have an interest during a sort of demographic, social, and cultural phenomena. a number of their major research areas are social inequality, social psychology , social change, socialization, social identity, and symbolic interactionism.
History of psychology
Aristotle believed that humans were naturally sociable, a necessity which allows us to measure together (an individual centered approach), whilst Plato felt that the state controlled the individual and encouraged social responsibility through social context (a socio-centered approach).
Texts that specialize in psychology first emerged at the beginning of the 20th century. the primary notable book in English was published by McDougall in 1908 (An Introduction to Social Psychology), including chapters on emotion and sentiment, morality, character and religion, quite different to those incorporated within the field today.
• 1950s – Journal of Abnormal and psychology
• 1963 – Journal of Personality, British Journal of Social and psychotherapy
• 1965 – Journal of Personality and psychology , Journal of Experimental psychology
• 1971 – Journal of Applied psychology , European Journal of psychology
• 1975 – psychology Quarterly, Personality and psychology Bulletin
• 1982 – Social Cognition
• 1984 – Journal of Social and private Relationships
There is some disagreement about the primary true experiment, but the subsequent are certainly among a number of the foremost important. Triplett (1898) applied the scientific method to research the performance of cyclists and schoolchildren on how the presence of others influences overall performance – thus how individual’s are affected and behave within the social context.
By 1935 the study of social norms had developed, watching how individuals behave consistent with the principles of society. This was conducted by Sherif (1935).
Much of the key research in psychology developed following war II, when people took an interest within the behavior of people when grouped together and in social situations. Key studies were administered in several areas.
Some studies focused on how attitudes are formed, changed by the social context and measured to determine whether change has occurred. Amongst a number of the foremost famous add psychology is that on obedience conducted by Milgram in his “electric shock” study, which checked out the role an authority plays in shaping behavior. Similarly, Zimbardo’s prison simulation notably demonstrated conformity to given roles within the social world.
Wider topics then began to emerge, like social perception, aggression, relationships, deciding , pro social behavior and attribution, many of which are central to today’s topics and can be discussed throughout this website. Thus the expansion years of psychology occurred during the decades following the 1940s.
2. Discuss the various areas and researches of social influence.
3. Discuss the factors affecting helping behavior and the theories related to pro social behaviour.
Answer the following questions in about 400 words each: Marks 5×5=25
4. Discuss the characteristics of stereotypes.
5. Describe the factors of attitude formation.
6. Explain the methods of reducing prejudice and discrimination.
7. Elaborate upon the methods of conflict resolution.
8. Explain the concept and importance of group dynamics.
Answer the following in about 50 words each: Marks 10×3=30
9. Characteristics of prejudice.
10. Features of a group.
11. Interpersonal attractions.
12. Learned helplessness.
13. Environmental stressors.
14. Errors in attribution.
15. Experimental method.
16. Informed consent.
17. Active crowd.
IGNOU MPC 004 Solved Assignment 2021-22 : Gandhi National Open University had recently updated this session of 2021-22 MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMME IN PSYCHOLOGY (MAPC) assignments on their official university website. we’ve made your work easy by making the solved assignments directly on one portal so as that students can easily get the solved assignments in one go. Students are advised to download their MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMME IN PSYCHOLOGY (MAPC) IGNOU Assignments from this webpage itself with none hassle.
GUIDELINES FOR MPC 004 Solved Assignment:-
You will find it useful to keep the following points in mind:
1. Planning: Read the questions carefully. Go through the units on which they are based. Make some points regarding each question and then rearrange these in a logical order. And please write the answers in your own words. Do not reproduce passages from the units.
2. Organisation: Be a little more selective and analytic before drawing up a rough outline of your answer. In an essay-type question, give adequate attention to your introduction and conclusion. The introduction must offer your brief interpretation of the question and how you propose to develop it. The conclusion must summarise your response to the question. In the course of your answer, you may like to make references to other texts or critics as this will add some depth to your analysis.
Please ensure the following before submitting your assignment :
1. Your enrolment number, name and address have been written correctly.
2. The title of the course and assignment number has been written clearly.
3. Each assignment on each course has been written on separate sheets and pinned properly.
4. All the questions in a particular section should be answered before attempting the next
MPC 004 Solved Assignment 2021-22 You don’t need to worry & go anywhere else on the online as everything regarding the MPC Assignments are available on this page. Students can easily download the IGNOU Assignments and submit them whenever they’re required to submit their assignments no matter their study centers.
If you’re finding out the IGNOU MPC Solved Assignment for 2021-22 Session then finally you’re at the right place. IGNOU MPC Solved Assignments for 2021-22 are now available for download. you’ll easily get the PDF files by clicking the download button against the particular subject that you simply simply wish to choose .
MPC 004 Solved Assignment , you’ll download the MPC IGNOU assignments for courses , After submitting the assignment at the Study Centre / Programme Study Centre get the acknowledgement from the Coordinator / Programme In-charge. In case you have requested for a change of Study Centre, you should submit your Tutor Marked Assignments only to the original Study Centre until the change of Study Centre is notified by the University.
For PDF and Handwritten